Dear River Reach Family,
Some men came down from Judea and began teaching the brethren, “Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved.”Acts 15:1
In this world you will encounter many people claiming to know the truth. They will try to convince you to believe their “doctrine.” How do you know what to believe? What is right? What is wrong? How do you determine right and wrong? The early church was faced with a new test of dealing with those who tried to teach a false doctrine. This Sunday morning we will learn from the early church how to respond to doctrinal controversies in a way that honors the Lord and protects the health of the church.
Sermon: “Handling False Doctrine” – Acts 15:1-35
Fall Fun Fest tomorrow 11:00-2:00pm!
So far it looks like the Lord is giving us wonderful weather for our Fall Fun Fest community event tomorrow! We are excited about another fun opportunity to serve the Lord together as a church by reaching out into our community!
Workers: We need your help tomorrow! We will begin setting up around 9:00am. We would appreciate your help if you are able to come early to help set up.
T-Shirts: We have new T-Shirts for everyone in our church. If you don’t have a shirt yet we will have your shirt available tomorrow morning.
Pray: Please pray that the Lord will enable us to show the love of Christ to our community. Please pray that people will come and be receptive to Jesus. Please pray for lasting fruit for Christ’s glory.
Men and Boys Retreat this Sunday afternoon and evening!
In a culture confused about manhood we want to take a opportunity to promote biblical manhood to the men and future men of our church! On Sunday afternoon, all men and boys are invited to join us at Josh’s property for a time of fun (camp fire, cookout, off-road vehicle riding, overnight camping) and biblical challenge (testimony and bible study). You may either join us just for Sunday afternoon and evening and return to the comfort of your own beds, or stay the night with us! Please let me know if you have any question or interest in joining us for this exciting event!
- 9:25-11:45am – Regular Sunday morning activities
- Lunch: No lunch will be provided, please grab a quick lunch before you head out to the property.
- 1:30-2:00pm – Arrive at the camp location
- Directions: Put 11624 Chapparell Rd Jacksonville, FL 32218 in your GPS. (Note: THIS IS NOT THE ADDRESS! It will simply get you to the right road.) Proceed all the way to the end of the road. The driveway is directly at the end of the road. If you need more instructions, please ask!
- 2:30-3:00pm – Set up
- 3:00-5:30pm – Activities (Shooting / Riding / Campfire)
- 5:30-6:30pm – Dinner
- 6:15-7:15pm – Testimony / Bible Study around the campfire (If you have a camp chair, it would be helpful if you could bring it.)
- 7:15-7:45pm – Dessert (Smores; Ice Cream cones)
- 7:45pm – Dismiss those going home
- Overnight: You are welcome to spend the night and enjoy breakfast and other activities on Monday morning if you like! We have plenty of accomodations for those who want to stay.
- Saturday 11/9 – 11:00am – 2:00pm – Fall Fun Fest!
- Sunday 11/10 – 9:25am – Sunday Classes (Adult and Children’s classes)
- 10:30am – Morning Worship: “Acts: Your Part in God’s Plan”
- Afternoon-Evening: Men and Boys retreat
- Wednesday 11/13 – 6:30pm – Prayer Time / Bible Study
- Friday 11/15 – 6:00pm – Ladies Night Out
- Fall Fun Fest!
- Mary’s sprained ankle to recover
- Our nation to repent and turn to God
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
- Peace in our nation and around the world
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
Blessed to be your Pastor!