Dear River Reach Family,
I saw another strong angel coming down out of heaven, clothed with a cloud; and the rainbow was upon his head, and his face was like the sun, and his feet like pillars of fire; 2 and he had in his hand a little book which was open.Revelation 10:1-2
God’s Word stands out against the backdrop of all other books because it is God’s message to man. God’s Word has power and authority not in itself but in its connection to the God of authority and power. Just as oil and water will not mix, the sinful heart of man will resist and reject God and His Word. Those who humble themselves before God love His Word because it comes from the God who first loved them and drew them to Himself through Jesus Christ. While those who reject and ignore God will reject and ignore His Word, it remains authoritative. It is our duty to be loyal and obedient to God’s Word even when it is not popular. Because God loves all people He will proclaim the truth of His Word to them and call them to repentance even when they don’t want to hear from Him. Revelation 10:1-11:13 presents three separate pictures of God’s Word and how He uses it for His glory in His world.
Sermon: “The Authority of God’s Word” Revelation 10:1-11:13
Small Group Adult Bible Study begins this Sunday at 9:25
This Sunday we will begin a new format of Adult Sunday school with a focus on group study and discussion of God’s Word. The Bible is powerful and applicable to our lives. It is my desire that as a group we will find the joy together of uncovering the truth of God’s Word and applying it to our lives. I look forward to the opportunity to discuss God’s Word with you!
Passage to Read: Mark 4:21-41
- The Lord’s gracious relief from Covid
- Susan’s health and Bob’s strength to help
- God’s grace to help us fulfill our mission to make reproducing disciples of Jesus Christ
- Opportunities to share Christ in these uncertain times
- Spiritual growth and strength for each one in our church
- Our missionaries to be encouraged in the Lord
- Our nation to repent and turn to God
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
Blessed to be your Pastor!