Dear River Reach Family,
For our exhortation does not come from error or impurity or by way of deceit; 4 but just as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, so we speak, not as pleasing men, but God who examines our hearts.” 1 Thessalonians 2:3-4
In 1980, Arab terrorists took over the Iranian Embassy in London. For six days the British government tried to negotiate the release of 25 hostages. Ultimately the resolution came down to the courage and training of an elite British military unit that stormed the embassy to save the hostages and bring the terrorists to justice. The weight of the raid rested on one man and his men to do it right while the world watched on television. The raid was successful saving 23 of the 25 hostages and bringing the terrorists to justice. Margaret Thatcher publicly congratulated the unit for their bravery and skill. In 1 Thessalonians 2:4, the Holy Spirit reminds us of the sacred mission God has entrusted to us. Our crucial mission is to deliver the Gospel to those estranged from God by sin. The eternal destiny of souls can be changed through the power of the Gospel! Our mission will fail if we fail to share the Gospel. When serving Christ, self-seeking will prevent us from faithfully carrying out our mission. This Sunday we will look at some of those pitfalls that could lead to mission failure.
Sunday Sermon: “Our Sacred Trust” – 1 Thessalonians 2:1-8
Foundations Class: “Confession of Sin” this Sunday @ 6:00pm
Assignment: Complete Chapter 3: “Confession of Sin” in the Foundations book.
Current disciple making focus:
- Pray that God will lead you to one soul that you can win to Christ.
- Pray that God will lead you to one believer that you can lead to become more like Christ.
- Work on Chapter 3 of the Foundations book.
- Mickey’s mother’s health
- Opportunities and boldness to make relationships to share the Gospel
- Those faithfully serving the Lord in the military
- River Reach Baptist Church to make reproducing disciples of Jesus Christ
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
- Our nation and leaders
- Sunday 3/11 – 9:25 – Sunday Classes (Adult and Childrens)
- 10:30 – Morning Worship (One Life to a Life for Life – 1 Thessalonians)
- 6:00 – Foundations Class: Chapter 3
- Wednesday 3/14 – 6:30pm – Prayer Service and Bible Study (Triumphing in Trying Times – 1 Peter)
Blessed to be your Pastor!