Dear River Reach Family,
For our exhortation does not come from error or impurity or by way of deceit; 4 but just as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, so we speak, not as pleasing men, but God who examines our hearts.” 1 Thessalonians 2:3-4
Success is a powerful motivator. Everyone wants to be successful. Success in our society is often defined by achieving personal benefit or profit. Success can be achieved properly or improperly. Occasionally in business we hear of some pursuing profit through illegal means or at the expense of other people. A few years ago Volkswagen was hit with a massive fine for attempting to evade emissions regulations. Can the same mindset invade the church and our motives for Christian ministry? Even in the early days of the New Testament church people were already beginning to pursue personal profit through spiritual “ministry.” Seeking to personally profit through ministry will inevitably lead to motives and methods that are unrighteous and contrary to Christ’s will. What are proper motives for ministry? What should motivate us to share the Gospel with others and lead others to be like Christ? How does Christ define true success in ministry? Our passage for this Sunday examines motives and methods and reveals that there are many in “Christian service” operating out of bounds. Just like in every area of life, God cares about our motives and guides us in the path of true success and eternal praise.
Sunday Sermon: “Evaluating Motives in Ministry” – 1 Thessalonians 2:1-8
Men’s Meeting / Workday / Ladies Spring Cleaning tomorrow morning!
The men will begin at 8:30am. The main project for the men will be laying new mulch in the landscaping beds.
The ladies will begin cleaning at 10:00am.
Adult Sunday Class: “Money: Showing Off God’s Goodness through Stewardship”
Topic for this Sunday: Q&A Session
If you have any questions about finances and how the Christian should relate to them, you may email them to Brian or Josh, or simply bring them with you on Sunday morning. We are looking forward to a good time of discussion together.
Time: 9:25am; Panelists: Brian and Josh
You may listen to last weeks lesson on materialism here.
Foundations Class: “Eternal Security” this Sunday @ 6:00pm
Assignment: Complete Chapter 2: Eternal Security in the Foundations book.
Current disciple making focus:
- Pray that God will lead you to one soul that you can win to Christ.
- Pray that God will lead you to one believer that you can lead to become more like Christ.
- Work on Chapter 1 of the Foundations book.
- Those faithfully serving the Lord in the military
- The Lord to help each of us each to identify one person we can pray for to win to Christ and one believer to lead in spiritual growth
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
- Our nation and leaders
- Saturday, 3/3 – 8:30am Men’s Meeting and Workday; Ladies Spring cleaning
- Sunday 3/4 – 9:25 – Sunday Classes (Money Series Q&A)
- 10:30 – Morning Worship (One Life to a Life for Life – 1 Thessalonians)
- 6:00 – Foundations Class: Chapter 2
- Wednesday 3/7 – 6:30pm – Prayer Service and Bible Study (Triumphing in Trying Times – 1 Peter)
Blessed to be your Pastor!