Dear River Reach Family,
Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised.” Proverbs 31:30
God displayed great wisdom in giving us mothers! I don’t want to imagine a world without mothers. Sadly God’s perfect design has been marred by the corrosive and destructive nature of sin. The Bible’s premier picture of a godly woman is found in the last chapter of the Old Testament book of Proverbs. Even 3000 years ago an excellent wife and mother was an extremely rare commodity (Proverbs 31:10). Marriages and families are exceedingly enriched by women who love God and invest their lives in their families for the glory of God. This Sunday we will examine the portrait of an excellent wife. Women, you play an incredibly important role in the beautiful design of the family. When you live for the glory of the Lord, your life blesses us! As we look at the “ideal” woman, please don’t feel discouraged. None of us are perfect. In fact we all fall far short of God’s expectations (Romans 3:23). Be encouraged by what God alone can and will do in your life as He works to restore His beautiful design in your life (Philippians 2:12-13). We cheer you on and pray for you!
Sunday Sermon: “The Excellent Wife – Proverbs 31
Mother’s Day Salad Buffet
This Mother’s Day the men and children are delighted to honor all women by putting on a salad buffet for lunch. We know that some of you mother’s will need to run home to be with your families. In addition to salad, Douglas is bringing his delicious brownies and cheese cakes (I believe even a never before seen at our church chocolate cheese cake!). Thank you for all the times you have served us!
No Foundations Class this Sunday evening
Take some extra time and honor the godly women in your life!
Adult Sunday Class: A Study in the Epistle of Titus
Join the adults on Sunday morning at 9:25 as Brian continues to teach through Paul’s letter to Titus.
- Opportunities and boldness to make relationships to share the Gospel
- Those faithfully serving the Lord in the military
- River Reach Baptist Church to make reproducing disciples of Jesus Christ
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
- Our nation and leaders
- Friday 5/11 – 6:30pm Fort Caroline Gardens Outreach Ministry
- Sunday 5/13 Mother’s Day!
- 9:25 – Sunday Classes (Adults and Children’s classes)
- 10:30 – Morning Worship (The Excellent Wife)
- 12:00pm – Mother’s Day Salad Buffet
- Wednesday 5/16 – 6:30pm – Prayer Service and Bible Study (Triumphing in Trying Times)
Blessed to be your Pastor!