Dear River Reach Family,
‘But I have a few things against you, because you have there some who hold the teaching of Balaam, who kept teaching Balak to put a stumbling block before the sons of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols and to commit acts of immorality.Revelation 2:14
Have you ever found yourself in a discussion with other believers concerning an area of Christian living? How should we as believers practically live to please our Lord? Our Lord expects us to study His Word, get to know His character, and exercise discernment in areas of Christian living. Throughout church history believers have been forced to wrestle with countless issues of conscience, convictions, and application of biblical exhortations. The issue of whether or not believers should eat meat offered to idols crops up in several passages in the NT (cf. Acts 15:29; 1 Cor 10:20). We must formulate our own convictions in these areas and also consider our influence on other believers (Romans 14:1-23). Those who know the character and heart of God understand that He desires that we pursue and promote holiness and not fleshliness. Unfortunately the church from almost the beginning has had to address those who promote worldliness and fleshliness. As the Lord addresses the church at Pergamum in Revelation 2:12-17 we observe once again how much our Lord despises anyone who would influence others toward the flesh and the world and disobedience to the Lord. Our Lord publishes a solemn warning to all who join the ranks of the self-seeking prophet, Balaam, in turning believers away from holiness (Rev. 2:16).
Sermon: “Promote Holiness not Fleshliness” – Revelation 2:12-17
- Susan’s health
- Fellow believers to be able to return to join us in person.
- God’s grace to help us fulfill our mission to make reproducing disciples of Jesus Christ
- Opportunities to share Christ in these uncertain times
- Spiritual growth and strength for each one in our church
- Our missionaries to be encouraged in the Lord
- Our nation to repent and turn to God
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
Blessed to be your Pastor!