Dear River Reach Family,
Agrippa replied to Paul, “In a short time you will persuade me to become a Christian.” 29 And Paul said, “I would wish to God, that whether in a short or long time, not only you, but also all who hear me this day, might become such as I am, except for these chains.”Acts 26:28-29
Next week we celebrate Thanksgiving after 8 months of Covid and other 2020 events. Is Thanksgiving an appropriate holiday this year? Some may feel that Thanksgiving of all things should be added to the list of covid cancellations. Is there any way that we can be grateful in the middle of such painful times? In our passage for this Sunday, the Apostle Paul finds himself in one of the most difficult and painful times of his life and ministry (Acts 24:27). When God gives him the opportunity to speak before three of the most envied people of his day, Paul wished that they would be as blessed as himself. He believed that even in his suffering he was the most blessed human being on the planet! (Acts 26:29) “I long for everyone to enjoy this same blessed life!” The Holy Spirit reminds us through Paul’s testimony that joy and gratitude are not derived from physical circumstances but through the grace of Jesus Christ. This Thanksgiving, let’s give thanks for the immeasurable blessing of being children of God by faith in Jesus Christ!
Sermon: “Grateful for God’s Grace” – Acts 25:13-26:29
Lord’s Supper Observance at the end of our Morning Service
Thanksgiving is a wonderful time to remember our Lord’s sacrifice for us. At the end of our morning service we will take time to remember our Lord’s sacrifice for us on the cross. I encourage you to examine your heart and confess the areas of sin that the Holy Spirit reveals and find forgiveness in Christ (1 Corinthians 11:23-32).
Finger Food Fellowship and Praise Service this Sunday @ 12:00pm
After the morning service all who able to stay are invited to join us for a finger food fellowship and a time to give thanks to God for His grace to us this year.
Children’s Kickball Activity this Sunday afternoon
All interested and available children are invited to join us for some kickball fun after the finger food fellowship! We look forward to some good outdoor activity and fellowship time for our young people.
- 11/22 – Sunday – 10:30am – Morning Service / Lord’s Supper Observance
- 12:00pm – Thanksgiving Fellowship / Praise Service
- 11/25 – NO Wednesday Evening Bible Study/Prayer
- DATE CHANGE: 12/13 – Sunday – Small Christmas Music Presentation / Lunch Fellowship
Live Streaming Links
- Live streaming to Zoom available for all services
Zelle Online Giving available
If you would like to give an offering through an electronic means, you may now give through Zelle. You will find our church listed under the email address: email@example.com
If you put in the email address correctly Zelle should recognize the recipient as “River Reach Baptist Church, Inc.” If you have any questions, please contact me.
- Those who are fighting Covid
- Our missionaries to be encouraged in the Lord
- Our leaders to have wisdom
- Opportunities to share Christ in these uncertain times
- Spiritual growth and strength for each one in our church
- Our nation to repent and turn to God
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
Blessed to be your Pastor!