Dear River Reach Family,
And the chief priests and the leading men of the Jews brought charges against Paul, and they were urging him, 3 requesting a concession against Paul, that he might have him brought to Jerusalem (at the same time, setting an ambush to kill him on the way).Acts 25:2-3
Do you ever feel like we are living in a world that is broken? Does it seem like God’s people and kingdom are being beaten down while the wicked triumph? Isaiah’s description of a godless society may well describe what we feel and experience in our day:
Justice is turned back, and righteousness stands far away; for truth has stumbled in the street, and uprightness cannot enter.15 Yes, truth is lacking; and he who turns aside from evil makes himself a prey.Isaiah 59:14-15
This Sunday we rejoin Paul who has been sitting in prison for two years as he traverses the unsettling change of Roman governmental leadership transition and faces a new trial before Festus the new Roman governor. At times God’s faithful servants may feel like they are simply the collateral damage of political corruption and self-seeking. Why would God leave Paul in prison for two years and deny him justice after multiple trials? What seems so out of control is actually perfectly under control. God’s perfect and sovereign plan is moving along right on time and right on track in our lives to enable us to fulfill our mission and honor our Lord! Let’s not look at our troubling circumstances and cave discouragement, rather let’s look to our Lord and rest in His wise plan.
Sermon: “The Out of Control is Still Under Control” – Acts 25:1-12
Wonderful Time with the Penningtons
We praise the Lord for a wonderful time with the Penningtons last Sunday. Thank you for your generosity to them. Please continue to pray for them as they seek to get to the mission field in the Lord’s will.
- 11/22 – Sunday – 10:30am – Morning Service / Lord’s Supper Observance
- 12:00pm – Thanksgiving Fellowship / Praise Service
- 11/25 – NO Wednesday Evening Bible Study/Prayer
- 12/20 – Sunday – Small Christmas Music Presentation / Lunch Fellowship
Live Streaming Links
- Live streaming to Zoom available for all services
Zelle Online Giving available
If you would like to give an offering through an electronic means, you may now give through Zelle. You will find our church listed under the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you put in the email address correctly Zelle should recognize the recipient as “River Reach Baptist Church, Inc.” If you have any questions, please contact me.
- Those who are fighting Covid
- Our missionaries to be encouraged in the Lord
- Our leaders to have wisdom
- Opportunities to share Christ in these uncertain times
- Spiritual growth and strength for each one in our church
- Our nation to repent and turn to God
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
Blessed to be your Pastor!