Dear River Reach Family,
When the natives saw the creature hanging from his hand, they began saying to one another, “Undoubtedly this man is a murderer, and though he has been saved from the sea, justice has not allowed him to live.” 5 However he shook the creature off into the fire and suffered no harm.Acts 28:4-5
The Christian life is an astounding power paradox. If you were to observe the life of the average faithful servant of God, you would most likely be struck by the number and scope of the trials they are facing. Their lives are often marked by difficult and dismal circumstances coupled with often significant physical and personal limitations. Paul reminded the Corinthians that God often chooses to use people who are weak (1 Corinthians 1:27) and afflicted in every way (2 Corinthians 4:8-11) to be conduits of His power (2 Cor. 4:7). Paul’s life is no exception. After being placed by God on a doomed ship and wrecked onto the island of Malta, in the immediate aftermath of the shipwreck, the Lord sent a poisonous snake to bite Paul while gathering wood for a fire to warm his beleaguered companions! (Acts 28:2-3) Lord, why can’t you just give your faithful servant a break! The Lord magnifies His supernatural power through our own weakness for His glory! (Acts 28:5-6). Maybe you are feeling weak or overwhelmed with your circumstances. The Lord wants us to trust Him to send the supernatural power necessary into our weak lives to enable us to be His witnesses.
Sermon: “Supernaturally Empowered Witnesses” – Acts 28:1-10
- 12/13 – Sunday – 10:30am Small Christmas Music Presentation / Christmas Sermon
- 12:00pm Lunch Fellowship
Live Streaming Links
- Live streaming to Zoom available for all services
- Morning Worship: https://zoom.us/j/360308233 (Passcode: 567701)
- Wednesday Prayer and Bible Study: https://zoom.us/j/225762120 (Passcode: 567701)
Zelle Online Giving available
If you would like to give an offering through an electronic means, you may now give through Zelle. You will find our church listed under the email address: email@example.com
If you put in the email address correctly Zelle should recognize the recipient as “River Reach Baptist Church, Inc.” If you have any questions, please contact me.
- Those who are fighting Covid
- Our missionaries to be encouraged in the Lord
- Our leaders to have wisdom
- Opportunities to share Christ in these uncertain times
- Spiritual growth and strength for each one in our church
- Our nation to repent and turn to God
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
Blessed to be your Pastor!