Dear River Reach Family,
They passed through the Phrygian and Galatian region, having been forbidden by the Holy Spirit to speak the word in Asia; 7 and after they came to Mysia, they were trying to go into Bithynia, and the Spirit of Jesus did not permit them.Acts 16:6-7
Sometimes the circumstances we face trying to serve the Lord don’t make much sense to us. We want to do what honors the Lord. We make plans to try to serve our Lord, but then our efforts don’t seem to produce much fruit. How will we respond? What will we do? Fortunately the Holy Spirit records for us a view into the ministry planning struggles that Paul, Silas, and Timothy faced as they ventured into new territory to witness for Jesus Christ. We can learn much from the Holy Spirit’s direct intervention in their lives and their responses to His leading. The Lord wants us to serve Him and is committed to getting us to the place of service He has planned for us. Let’s learn to trust the Holy Spirit’s leading in our lives.
Sermon: “The Holy Spirit’s Leading” – Acts 16:4-10
Ft. Caroline Gardens Christmas Outreach this evening!
This evening our church will have the opportunity to share the Christmas story in verse and song to the residents of the assisted living home. Please pray that we will be able to share Christ through the Christmas story.
Men’s Meeting and Workday tomorrow morning
All men are invited to join us for a time of fellowship, church business discussion, Bible challenge, prayer, and work around the facilities. It is a blessing to be able to lead our church and use our gifts for the glory of Jesus Christ! We have a few maintenance projects to work on as well as installation of new Wifi equipment.
- Saturday 12/7 – 8:30am – Men’s Meeting and Workday
- Sunday 12/8 – 9:25am – Sunday Classes (Adult and Children’s classes)
- 10:30am – Morning Worship: “It is Good to Give Thanks”
- 6:00pm – “God Who Hears” – Read Chapter 9: “Responding: The Prayer of a Chastened Disciple”
- Sunday 12/15 – Christmas Cantata and Drama
- Monday 12/16 – 6:00pm – Ladies Christmas Party
- Spiritual growth and strength for each one in our church
- Our nation to repent and turn to God
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
- Peace in our nation and around the world
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
Blessed to be your Pastor!