Dear River Reach Family,
It is good to give thanks to the LORD And to sing praises to Your name, O Most High;Psalm 92:1
It is easy to let our immediate struggles consume 90-100% of our thoughts. “How am I going to solve this problem?” “Wow this really stinks!” “This is really hindering me from being happy!” True joy in life doesn’t come from physical ease and smooth operating circumstances. True joy comes from meditation on the Lord and His promised loving-kindess and faithfulness to us. When we meditate on the Lord’s grace our lives will be filled with gladness and our hearts will overflow with thanks and praise to our generous Lord. The Lord wants to lift your weary soul by gazing on the riches of His kindness and faithfulness to you even in the midst of your trial. This Sunday we will join the psalmist in meditating on the reasons why it is good to give thanks to the Lord.
Sermon: “Finding Delight in the Lord” – Psalm 92:1-15
Thanksgiving Finger Food Fellowship on Tuesday!
On Tuesday evening we will take time to fellowship around finger foods and give thanks to the Lord who has filled our lives with mercy and blessing. I encourage you to look back on your life and year and observe at least one way that the Lord has blessed you by His grace. We will take time to share this praises with others in the presence of our generous Lord.
- Sunday 11/24 – 9:25am – Sunday Classes (Adult and Children’s classes)
- 10:30am – Morning Worship: “It is Good to Give Thanks”
- 6:00pm – “God Who Hears” – Read Chapter 7: “Father: Prayer as a way of life”
- Tuesday 11/26 – 6:30pm – Thanksgiving Finger Food Fellowship
- No Wednesday evening prayer and Bible Study
- Sunday 12/15 – Christmas Cantata and Drama
- Fall Fun Fest fruit
- Spiritual growth and strength for each one in our church
- Our nation to repent and turn to God
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
- Peace in our nation and around the world
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
Blessed to be your Pastor!