Dear River Reach Family,
But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back some of the price of the land?”Acts 5:3
The most excited and blessed place to be on earth is in fellowship with the Lord and with His church (Acts 4:32-35). Nothing else on earth can even come close to comparing with the blessings God gives to those who walk in His will. Though we are saints by faith in Christ (1 Corinthians 1:2), we are still sinners. If we fall prey to the temptations of our flesh and Satan, we can contaminate Christ’s church through selfish ambition and impure motives. Our Lord not only cares about what we do, but He also cares just as much about how we do it. Our passage for this Sunday morning gives two contrasting examples of both the right and wrong way to serve the Lord. May we receive the warning of God’s judgment on Ananias and Sapphira and evaluate our own walk with the Lord.
Sermon: “Sins of the Saints ” – Acts 4:32-5:11
Shepherding a Child’s Heart Class Sunday @ 6:00pm
Details: Sunday evenings @ 6:00pm; All are invited to join us.
Assignment: Read Chapter 14-15: “Shepherding Children: Ages 0-5“
- Session 1: Getting to the Heart of Behavior
- Session 2: You’re in Charge
- Session 3: Your Child’s Development: Shaping Influences
- Session 4 (Ch. 3): Your Child’s Development: Godward Orientation
- Session 5: (Ch. 5 & Optional Ch. 6): Examining Your Goals
- Session 6: (Ch.7): Discarding Unbiblical Methods (4/7)
- Session 7: (Ch. 8-9) Embracing Biblical Methods: Communication
- Session 8: (Ch. 10) Embracing Biblical Methods: Appeal to Conscience, Life of Communication
- Session 9: (Ch. 11-12) Embracing Biblical Methods: Discipline Process
- Session 10: (Ch. 14-15) Shepherding Children: Ages 0-5
- Session 11: (Ch. 16-17) Shepherding Children: Ages 6-12
- Session 12: (Ch. 18-19) Shepherding Children: Teens
Book: Shepherding a Child’s Heart; A study guide may be downloaded here.
- Friday 5/17 – 6:00pm – Ladies Night Out @ Bahama Breeze
- Sunday 5/19 – 9:25am – Sunday Classes (Adult and Children’s classes)
- 10:30am – Morning Worship: “Acts: Your Part in God’s Plan”
- 6:00pm – Shepherding a Child’s Heart
- Wednesday 5/22 – 6:30pm – Prayer Time / Bible Study
- Sunday 5/26 – (After Evening Service) Pizza @ the Pastor’s
- June 16-19 – Vacation Bible School!
- Save the Date: RRBC 10th Anniversary weekend celebration July 27-28
- Brian traveling home from Ukraine
- Emjay’s back to heal
- Bob’s ministry at the flea market tomorrow
- Spiritual growth for those being discipled
- Our nation to repent and turn to God
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
- Peace in our nation and around the world
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
Blessed to be your Pastor!