Dear River Reach Family,
“Most blessed of women is Jael,Judges 5:24-26
The wife of Heber the Kenite;
Most blessed is she of women in the tent.
25 “He asked for water and she gave him milk;
In a magnificent bowl she brought him curds.
26 “She reached out her hand for the tent peg,
And her right hand for the workmen’s hammer.
Then she struck Sisera, she smashed his head;
And she shattered and pierced his temple.
I would never want to trade responsibilities with my wife! I’m quite certain I could not handle it with the same level of patience, love, diligence, and motivation as her. God created women and mothers to be amazing people! Their job descriptions and responsibilities cover the entire spectrum. What does it take to be a godly woman and mother? The Bible records for us numerous examples of godly women who courageously served the Lord often in extremely difficult times. In Judges 4-5 God raises us two women to deliver his oppressed and sinful people from bondage to the Canaanites. Deborah and Jael’s heart for the Lord and bold action for Him turned the tide of sin and oppression in their day. May God raise up godly women and mothers to courageously and fearlessly serve Him!
Sermon: “Women of Steel” – Judges 4-5
Mother’s Day Lunch Fellowship
To honor all women and mothers, the church will be providing a barbecue sandwich lunch following the morning service. The menu will include chicken and beef roast barbecue, vegetable salad, three berry salad, and world famous Douglas Smith cheesecakes!
We know that some mothers may have other commitments with their families, but we invite all who are able to stick around following the morning service for a wonderful meal and time to celebrate our mothers.
Pray for Brian in Ukraine
We are excited that Brian is able to spend some time teaching the book of Judges to men training for the ministry in Ukraine with his brother Bruce! Please pray for health, strength, traveling safety, and a profitable time while in the Ukraine.
- Sunday 5/12 – 9:25am – Sunday Classes (Adult and Children’s classes)
- 10:30am – Morning Worship: “Women of Steel”
- No Evening Service
- Wednesday 5/15 – 6:30pm – Prayer Time / Bible Study
- Friday 5/17 – 6:00pm – Ladies Night Out
- Vacation Bible School! – June 16-19
- Save the Date: RRBC 10th Anniversary weekend celebration July 27-28 (If you have a schedule conflict with this weekend, please let me know. We are trying to pick the best weekend to celebrate our 10th anniversary.
- God to strengthen and bless mothers in their service to the Lord
- Bob’s ministry at the flea market tomorrow
- Spiritual growth for those being discipled
- Our nation to repent and turn to God
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
- Peace in our nation and around the world
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
Blessed to be your Pastor!