Dear River Reach Family,
As they were speaking to the people, the priests and the captain of the temple guard and the Sadducees came up to them, 2 being greatly disturbed because they were teaching the people and proclaiming in Jesus the resurrection from the dead. 3 And they laid hands on them and put them in jail until the next day, for it was already evening.Acts 4:1-3
Jesus never promised an easy path for those who follow Him (John 15:20). As the new church of Jesus Christ enjoyed the blessings of the Holy Spirit, fellowship with other believers, spiritual growth, and the joys of life in Christ, storm clouds formed on the horizon. Peter and John the power of Jesus Christ healed a lame man in the temple and preached the glorious Gospel of faith in the vindicated and resurrected Jesus. The crowds were listening intently while the religious leaders seethed and boiled at the preaching of a risen Jesus. They assumed they had rid themselves of Jesus by nailing him to a cross, but their assumption couldn’t be any further from the truth! How would they handle the bold testimony of Peter and John? When you and I choose to witness for Jesus Christ we will face opposition and intimidation (2 Timothy 3:12). Will we cave to the pressure or boldly represent our Lord? How much personal sacrifice are you willing to make to glorify your Lord?
Sermon: “The First Persecution of Christians” – Acts 4:1-22
A Wonderful Resurrection Celebration!
We praise the Lord for the blessing of celebrating together last week the defining moment for our faith in the resurrection of our Lord from the grave! Thank you to all who had a part in making our celebration together a special time!
May the power of the resurrection continue to work in our hearts!
Shepherding a Child’s Heart Class Sunday @ 6:00pm
Details: Sunday evenings @ 6:00pm; All are invited to join us.
Assignment: Read Chapter 10: “Embracing Biblical Methods: Appeal to Conscience, Life of Communication“
- Session 1: Getting to the Heart of Behavior
- Session 2: You’re in Charge
- Session 3: Your Child’s Development: Shaping Influences
- Session 4 (Ch. 3): Your Child’s Development: Godward Orientation
- Session 5: (Ch. 5 & Optional Ch. 6): Examining Your Goals
- Session 6: (Ch.7): Discarding Unbiblical Methods (4/7)
- Session 7: (Ch. 8-9) Embracing Biblical Methods: Communication
- Session 8: (Ch. 10) Embracing Biblical Methods: Appeal to Conscience, Life of Communication
- Session 9: (Ch. 11-12) Embracing Biblical Methods: Discipline Process
- Session 10: (Ch. 14-15) Shepherding Children: Ages 0-5
- Session 11: (Ch. 16-17) Shepherding Children: Ages 6-12
- Session 12: (Ch. 18-19) Shepherding Children: Teens
- Friday 4/26 – 6:00pm – Ladies Night Out @ The Loop
- Sunday 4/28 – 9:25am – Sunday Classes (Adult and Children’s classes)
- 10:30am – Morning Worship: “Acts: Your Part in God’s Plan”
- 6:00pm – Shepherding a Child’s Heart
- Wednesday 5/1 – 6:30pm – Prayer Time / Bible Study
- Friday 5/3 – 6:30pm – Ft. Caroline Gardens Outreach
- Saturday 5/4 – 8:30am – Men’s Meeting / Workday
- Tentatively Save the Date: RRBC 10th Anniversary weekend celebration July 27-28 (If you have a schedule conflict with this weekend, please let me know. We are trying to pick the best weekend to celebrate our 10th anniversary.
- Bob’s ministry at the flea market tomorrow
- Fruit from the Gospel message presented on Easter
- Spiritual growth for those being discipled
- Our nation to repent and turn to God
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
- Peace in our nation and around the world
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
Blessed to be your Pastor!