Dear River Reach Family,
When the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place. 2 And suddenly there came from heaven a noise like a violent rushing wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 And there appeared to them tongues as of fire distributing themselves, and they rested on each one of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit was giving them utterance.”Acts 2:1-4
Occasionally one of my children will bring a jar of pickles or spaghetti sauce into my office. I immediately know the reason for their visit. Mommy has given the lid her strongest twist and has not succeeded in breaking the seal. More power is necessary than she is able to muster. Too often we are trying to twist life to make it work. Even with our strongest twists, loudest grunts and groans, we can’t seem to make life work. Our strength is never enough to succeed in doing God’s will. We need the power of God in our sails to propel us forward to accomplish His will for His glory. The Holy Spirit is more than up to the task of empowering us to succeed in living for Christ’s glory. This Sunday we will witness the the significance of the arrival of the Holy Spirit to fill believers with God’s unlimited power.
Sermon: “Filled with the Spirit” – Acts 2:1-13
Two past sermons in this series are now available for online listening:
Church business this Wednesday evening 3/13
On Wednesday evening, 3/13, we will be voting on a proposed budget for 2019 as well as on taking on a new missionary for support. If you have any questions, please ask. Proposed budget copies are available on the credenza in the lobby.
Thank you for your service to the Lord!
I thank God for your faithful service to the Lord in so many different ways! We are blessed by people who use their gifts and skills to bless us in the body of Christ!
Shepherding a Child’s Heart Class Sunday @ 6:00pm
Details: Sunday evenings @ 6:00pm
Assignment: Read Chapter 3: “Your Child’s Development: Godward Orientation“
Session 1: Getting to the Heart of Behavior
Session 2: You’re in Charge
Session 3: Your Child’s Development: Shaping Influences
Session 4 (Ch. 3): Your Child’s Development: Godward Orientation (3/10)
Session 5: Examining Your Goals
Session 6: Discarding Unbiblical Methods
Session 7: Embracing Biblical Methods: Communication
Session 8: Embracing Biblical Methods: Appeal to Conscience, Life of Communication Session 9: Embracing Biblical Methods: Discipline Process
Session 10: Shepherding Children: Ages 0-5
Session 11: Shepherding Children: Ages 6-12
Session 12: Shepherding Children: Teens
Daylight Savings Time begins this Sunday
Thankfully your smartphone will most likely change the time for you, but you may need to plan to get to bed a little earlier on Saturday evening!
- Sunday 3/10 – 9:25am – Sunday Classes (Adult and Children’s classes)
- 10:30am – Morning Worship: “Acts: Your Part in God’s Plan”
- 6:00pm – Shepherding a Child’s Heart class
- Wednesday 3/13 – 6:30pm – Prayer and Bible Study
- Sunday 3/17 – Community Christian School’s Senior class will be with us and ministering to us several different areas!
- 6:00pm – Bob Jones University Drama team will be with us in the evening service.
- Pizza party at church following the service
- Save the Date: March 24-27 – Refresh Conference with Matt Herbster
- Spiritual growth for those being discipled
- Our nation to repent and turn to God
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
- Peace in our nation and around the world
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
Blessed to be your Pastor!