Dear River Reach Family,
See that no one repays another with evil for evil, but always seek after that which is good for one another and for all people.” 1 Thessalonians 5:15
How do you respond when someone hurts you? People can be difficult to get along with (1 Corinthians 13:4 – Love is patient). If you spend enough time around people at some point you will most likely be hurt by their words or actions. Most of us have an unpublished list of rules for others to follow when they interact with us. Don’t be late. Don’t share my weaknesses with others. Be caring and compassionate. The list could go on and on! The people around us are only human beings. People are sinners, limited in time, attention, and love. People forget. People are selfish. Simply because people are finite and sinful human beings, they will let us down or hurt us. Only God will never fail you! (Lamentations 3:22) How should we think and respond when we experience the poky or painful end of another person’s sin? Should we curl up like a porky pine and shoot quills back at them? Our passage for this Sunday lays out an overarching filter for every interpersonal interaction. Only do others good and not evil.
Sunday Sermon: “Seeking Good for Others” – 1 Thessalonians 5:15
Men’s Meeting / Work Day tomorrow morning @ 8:30am
Tomorrow morning we have several significant issue to discuss including the budget proposal for this year. All men are invited to have input in the conversation and then join us for the workday. We have several projects around the building to address with the time available.
Foundations Class this Sunday @ 6:00pm
We will continue our discussion of the final chapter (12) on Evangelism.
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
- Susan’s health
- Peace in our nation and around the world
- Opportunities and boldness to make relationships to share the Gospel
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
- Saturday 9/1 – 8:30am – Men’s Meeting / Church Workday
- Sunday 9/2 – 9:25am – Sunday Classes (Adult and Children’s classes)
- 10:30am – Morning Worship (1 Thessalonians – One Life to a Life for Life)
- 5:15pm – Choir Practice
- 6:00pm Foundations Class
- Wednesday 9/5 – 6:30pm – Prayer / Bible Study
- Friday 9/7 – 6:30pm – Fort Caroline Outreach
Blessed to be your Pastor!