Dear River Reach Family,
Rejoice always; 17 pray without ceasing; 18 in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
I’m sure we’ve all heard people opine, “I’ve had a bad day!” On significantly less frequent occasions we may even hear someone say, “I’ve had a good day today!” Typically tone of voice and body language match the the corresponding proclamations. Would it be possible for someone to reach the end of every day no matter what happened that day and report from their heart, “The Lord was good to me today?” The shortest verse in the Bible addresses one of the biggest struggles we all face, our attitude in trials. The Lord built into the Christian life a clear indicator of our spiritual health. When we walk by faith we will be empowered to rejoice. When our faith and theological perspective is faulty, we will gripe and complain. Never ending rejoicing is not enabled by wonderful circumstances, but by faith that view’s God’s goodness and sovereignty in everything.
Sunday Sermon: “The Formula for Endless Rejoicing” – 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Diaper Shower / Lunch Fellowship this Sunday at 12:00
We praise the Lord for the potential of two new babies being added to our church! This Sunday afternoon we will celebrate together and have an opportunity to bless these expectant families with diapers and other baby essentials. If you would like to bring any contributions, you may leave them in the pack n play in the church lobby.
Singspiration following the baby shower at 1:00pm
It is good to give thanks to the LORD And to sing praises to Your name, O Most High! Psalm 92:1
We are looking forward to a special time of meditating on the Lord through song this Sunday afternoon!
No Foundations Class this Sunday
We will meet again on 9/16 for a final review and look forward to what is next in our desire to develop a disciple-making culture.
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
- Susan’s health; Russel kidney stone; Vicki health and packing for furlough
- Peace in our nation and around the world
- Opportunities and boldness to make relationships to share the Gospel
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
- Friday 9/7 – 6:30pm – Fort Caroline Outreach
- Sunday 9/9 – 9:25am – Sunday Classes (Adult and Children’s classes)
- 10:30am – Morning Worship (1 Thessalonians – One Life to a Life for Life)
- 12:00pm – Diaper Shower / Lunch fellowship
- 1:00pm – Singspiration
- Wednesday 9/11 – 6:30pm – Prayer / Bible Study
Blessed to be your Pastor!