Dear River Reach Family,
We urge you, brethren, admonish the unruly, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with everyone. 15 See that no one repays another with evil for evil, but always seek after that which is good for one another and for all people.” 1 Thessalonians 5:14-15
Recently over dinner my father and my Aunt reminisced about their experience taking cod liver oil pills and polio vaccines via sugar cubes when they were in elementary school. Due to the cultural setting, every student no matter what their condition was blessed with these uniform health treatment plans. We laughed at the story of a fellow student who would covertly spit out their cod liver oil pill and deposit in the innermost recesses of his desk to avoid some of the trauma of the experience. Public health officials were probably doing the best they could to address health concerns of their day. The best they could do was administer across the board treatment plans. One size fits all treatments often come with poor results and unnecessary side effects. We appreciate health care professionals who carefully diagnose and administer personally tailored treatment plans to address our health needs. Disciple-makers are called to demonstrate their love and commitment to spiritual nourishment by appropriately diagnosing and treating the needs of their brothers and sisters in Christ.
Sunday Sermon: “Appropriate Treatment Plans” – 1 Thessalonians 5:12-15
Lord’s Supper Observance following the Morning Service this Sunday
This Sunday we have the special privilege of corporately reminding ourselves of our Savior’s love and personal sacrifice for us by partaking in the Lord’s Supper (1 Corinthians 11:23-26). Scripture reminds us to examine ourselves for known and unconfessed sin and deal with it through repentance and confession (1 Corinthians 11:27-32). I encourage you to take some time prior to Sunday morning to humble your heart before the Lord and avail yourself of the merciful forgiveness available through Christ (1 John 1:9).
Foundations Class this Sunday @ 6:00pm
We will continue our discussion of the final chapter (12) on Evangelism.
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
- Susan’s health
- Peace in our nation and around the world
- Opportunities and boldness to make relationships to share the Gospel
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
- Friday 8/24 – 6:00pm – Ladies Night out: Noodles & Company 4624 Town Crossing Drive Jacksonville, FL 32246
- Sunday 8/26 – 9:25am – Sunday Classes (Adult and Children’s classes)
- 10:30am – Morning Worship (1 Thessalonians – One Life to a Life for Life); Lord’s Supper Observance
- 5:15pm – Choir Practice
- 6:00pm Foundations Class
- Wednesday 8/29 – 6:30pm – Prayer / Bible Study
- Saturday 9/1 – 8:30am – Men’s Meeting / Church Workday
Blessed to be your Pastor!