Dear River Reach Family,
And to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, that is Jesus, who rescues us from the wrath to come.” 1 Thessalonians 1:10
The winter olympics will soon be coming to a close. It is always inspiring to see people who dedicate themselves to becoming the best in their sport. Years of rigorous discipline are spent training to land the triple salchow or shave milliseconds off the luge. If you were to observe an olympic athlete’s life, you would quickly conclude that something is driving the way they live. A brief future event impacts almost every decision they make for years: what they eat, their sleep, how they spend their time, their priorities. The imminent return of Jesus Christ should visibly impact almost every aspect of your life. His return is infinitely more significant than a curling competition, a bobsled run, or even your plans for retirement. The return of Jesus Christ so significantly impacted the lives of the Thessalonian believers that it left an indelible impression on the lives of those who came into contact with them! This Sunday morning we will meditate on the significance of Christ’s return and a few of the implications it should have on our lives.
Sunday Sermon: “Waiting for Christ’s Return” – 1 Thessalonians 1:10
Lord’s Supper Observance this Sunday morning
Please examine your heart for sin that needs to be confessed in preparation for our time of remembrance of Christ’s death (1 Corinthians 11:23-34).
Adult Sunday Class: “Money: Showing Off God’s Goodness through Stewardship”
Topic for this Sunday: “Developing a Heart that Values Money Rightly”
Time: 9:25am; Speaker: Brian Tuttle
You may listen to last weeks lesson on savings here.
Foundations Class: “Salvation” this Sunday @ 6:00pm
This week we will begin working our way through chapter 1 of the “Foundations” book. The topic is salvation. If you have opportunity to work through the first chapter it will help you to be prepared for the discussion. My goal is to teach you the material well enough that you will be confident to teach it to someone else. Please bring any questions you might have with you to class. We will discuss them together.
If you haven’t received a Foundations book yet, I will have them available for you in both the Sunday morning and Sunday evening sessions. There is no cost for the book.
It is a tremendous blessing to see God already using our disciple making focus to train disciples of Jesus Christ! Keep up the good work!
Current disciple making focus:
- Pray that God will lead you to one soul that you can win to Christ.
- Pray that God will lead you to one believer that you can lead to become more like Christ.
- Work on Chapter 1 of the Foundations book.
The ladies had a great time this evening!
- Marjory Stoneman High School and the Parkland community as they recover from tragedy
- Susan and Debbie’s health
- The Lord to help each of us each to identify one person we can pray for to win to Christ and one believer to lead in spiritual growth
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
- Our nation and leaders
- Sunday 2/25 – 9:25 – Sunday Classes (Money Series)
- 10:30 – Morning Worship (One Life to a Life for Life – 1 Thessalonians); Lord’s Supper Observance
- 6:00 – Foundations Class: Chapter 1
- Wednesday 2/28 – 6:30pm – Prayer Service and Bible Study (Triumphing in Trying Times – 1 Peter)
- Saturday, 3/3 – 8:30am Men’s Meeting and Workday; Ladies Spring cleaning
Blessed to be your Pastor!