Dear River Reach Family,
For the word of the Lord has sounded forth from you, not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but also in every place your faith toward God has gone forth, so that we have no need to say anything.” 1 Thessalonians 1:8
Our culture is similar to water. It automatically reverts to its own level of normalcy. I love the peace and tranquility of water at ease but tragically the status quo of society is not peace. Our world is broken by the curse of sin that brings with it the unavoidable sting of suffering and death. Too often we become accustomed to the broken norm of our society. Is there a solution to end school shootings, sexual abuse, broken homes, terrorist attacks, drug and alcohol abuse, and the endless list of societal scourges? It breaks my heart to watch our society try to find a path forward through the pain of tragedy and always come up flailing! There is only one solution to the doom of sin. His name is Jesus Christ! In the Gospel, we possess the one solution that will truly bring peace to broken lives. God left us here on this earth to spread this message far and wide. We need to disturb the normalcy of our broken society with the message of Jesus Christ! This Sunday we will learn how we can make a splash for Christ.
Sunday Sermon: “Making a Splash for Christ” – 1 Thessalonians 1:8-10
Adult Sunday Class: “Money: Showing Off God’s Goodness through Stewardship”
Topic for this Sunday: “A Biblical Perspective on Saving”
Time: 9:25am; Speaker: Josh Rowley
Introduction to Foundations Class: Part 2 this Sunday @ 6:00pm
God gave us a tremendous time together last Sunday evening evaluating our past performance as disciple makers and looking forward to how to develop a disciple making culture in our church. I would like to finish introducing my vision for developing this culture. I’m sure that you have questions and ideas. Please bring those with you this Sunday evening. It is my goal to help us all see the big picture of where we are heading before we jump into our study of the Foundations Book. If we don’t have the vision we won’t succeed.
- Marjory Stoneman High School and the Parkland community as they recover from tragedy
- Susan’s health
- The Lord to help each of us each to identify one person we can pray for to win to Christ and one believer to lead in spiritual growth
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
- Our nation and leaders
- Friday 2/16 – 6:30pm – Ft. Caroline Outreach
- Sunday 2/18 – 9:25 – Sunday Classes (Money Series)
- 10:30 – Morning Worship (One Life to a Life for Life – 1 Thessalonians)
- 6:00 – Introduction to Foundations Class: Part2
- Wednesday 2/21 – 6:30pm – Prayer Service and Bible Study (Triumphing in Trying Times – 1 Peter)
- Sunday 2/25 – Lord’s Supper Observance (Morning Service)
Blessed to be your Pastor!