Dear River Reach Family,
For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.Romans 5:17
With the incredible honor of fatherhood comes overwhelming responsibility. God created the world and instituted the beautiful design of the family. God intends for one man and one woman to join together in marriage for life (Genesis 2:24). God also chose to propagate the human race through the beauty of this relationship (Genesis 1:28). As the leader of his family, fathers pilot God’s plan for His glory in His creation. In a perfect world, you would think success as fathers should be achievable (Genesis 1:31). With only one rule, how hard could this be? (Genesis 2:16-17) The very first father, Adam, blazed an unavoidable trail of frustration and failure. Even with every opportunity imaginable, he couldn’t preserve his family or himself from the sting of sin and destruction (Genesis 3:6, 17-19; 4:8; Romans 5:12). In the midst of Adam’s total failure, God provided mercy and hope for redemption! (Genesis 3:15, 21; 4:25-26) Even when Adam piloted his family and the human race to destruction (Romans 5:12), God step in and sent another perfect man to rescue and give eternal life! (Romans 5:18-21) Join us this Sunday as we celebrate Father’s Day and rejoice in the hope God shines into the sin stained failures of our best efforts!
Sermon: “Hope for Frustrated Fathers” – Genesis 1-4
- Susan’s health
- God’s grace to help us fulfill our mission to make reproducing disciples of Jesus Christ
- Opportunities to share Christ in these uncertain times
- Spiritual growth and strength for each one in our church
- Our missionaries to be encouraged in the Lord
- Our nation to repent and turn to God
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
Blessed to be your Pastor!