Dear River Reach Family,
‘I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot. 16 ‘So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth.Revelation 3:15-16
Have you ever tasted something so disgusting that you expelled it from your mouth? I remember drinking from a water bottle that had apparently been sitting in our van for a while already opened. One of my young children had probably already satisfied their thirst from the bottle and left behind something in the bottle to ferment and spoil the drink for the next unsuspecting victim. When I picked up the bottle, a quick glance of the shape and label assured me that a swig would bring immediate satisfaction to my parched palette. My tastebuds immediately revolted at the false advertising! Jesus engages in the sometimes unpleasant business of evaluating Christians. Every person who professes faith in Christ and claims to be a child of God, should be living for the glory of Jesus Christ (Eph. 1:12; Romans 11:36). Tragically, too many Christians have been distracted and dulled by the pleasures and treasures of this world. Christ can’t stomach what He finds in those who have received so much grace and yet have little motivation to live for Him. As Jesus completes His final admonition to the local church of Laodicea, He calls these believers to zealous repentance and pursuit of genuinely valuable treasures found only in Him.
Sermon: “Repulsive Apathetic Christianity” – Revelation 3:14-22
- Susan’s health
- God’s grace to help us fulfill our mission to make reproducing disciples of Jesus Christ
- Opportunities to share Christ in these uncertain times
- Spiritual growth and strength for each one in our church
- Our missionaries to be encouraged in the Lord
- Our nation to repent and turn to God
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
Blessed to be your Pastor!