Dear River Reach Family,
‘Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to cast some of you into prison, so that you will be tested, and you will have tribulation for ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.Revelation 2:10
On Monday our family had the opportunity to go to a theme park. After rushing around from attraction to event all day long some of our children reported that they had walked about 23,000 steps so far that day. With less than half an hour before the park closed at 11:00pm, those with influence decided to make one last trek to the opposite side of the park to see one last show. As we broke the news, moans and groans erupted from a few of our weary travelers. They didn’t know if they could survive a final blitz across the park and return to the vehicle. I am pleased to report that we all made it. At times we have similar feelings of weariness in the Christian life. Through faith we weather pressures and opposition to honor the Lord. As the pressures spike and our endurance wanes we face the potential of caving to the fear and self-preservation. Times of suffering and pressure are God ordained opportunities to glorify Him. As Jesus addresses His beloved local church in Smyrna, we find no condemnation but rather encouragement to abandon fear and remain faithful under pressure. Our Lord promises grace and reward to those who overcome by faith! Our loving Lord speaks encouragement to weary souls.
Sermon: “Be Faithful By God’s Grace” – Revelation 2:8-11
- Susan’s health
- God’s grace to help us fulfill our mission to make reproducing disciples of Jesus Christ
- Opportunities to share Christ in these uncertain times
- Spiritual growth and strength for each one in our church
- Our missionaries to be encouraged in the Lord
- Our nation to repent and turn to God
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
Blessed to be your Pastor!