Dear River Reach Family,
7 BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen. 8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”Revelation 1:7-8
It is amazing to me how quickly my children develop traditions. If we have done it once, we better do it again the same way! We naturally take our limited life experiences and create our perception of what the world is like today and what it will be like in the future. Life has been pretty much the same during our lifetimes. The “craziness” of this past year proves our expectation of normalcy. The little change of Covid and the ensuing lockdowns seemed like a massive change from our “normal”. Our assumptions hindered most of us from ever considering that our world could change so “drastically!” If our world thought 2020 brought disruption, they have no idea what is coming soon to this world! In our passage for this Sunday, John introduces the theme of the Book of Revelation. Jesus is coming in power and glory to disrupt this earth and bring it to a conclusion! By faith we must resist the temptation to live based on our own projection of the future. Faith calls us to believe that our present world is only temporary and the Kingdom of God will be eternal. The reality of Christ’s soon return in glory should transform the way we live today!
Sermon: “Change is Coming Soon!” – Revelation 1:7-8
Live Streaming Links
- Live streaming to Zoom available for all services
- Morning Worship: https://zoom.us/j/360308233 (Passcode: 567701)
- Wednesday Prayer and Bible Study: https://zoom.us/j/225762120 (Passcode: 567701)
- Susan’s health and Bob’s strength
- God’s grace to help us fulfill our mission to make reproducing disciples of Jesus Christ
- Opportunities to share Christ in these uncertain times
- Spiritual growth and strength for each one in our church
- Our nation to repent and turn to God
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
Blessed to be your Pastor!