Dear River Reach Family,
“Therefore, I testify to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all men. 27 “For I did not shrink from declaring to you the whole purpose of God.Acts 20:26-27
Just as human beings are critically dependent on access to oxygen, food, and water, the believer’s spiritual health and vitality is dependent on the truth of God’s Word. A shepherd’s job is to lead his flock to plentiful supplies of physical nourishment and protect it from dangers that threaten the flock. A pastor’s job is to deliver the refreshing spiritual nourishment of God’s Word to God’s flock and protect it from those who seek to harm God’s flock. In the spiritual realm, battle rages to protect and provide the believer with access to the truth of God’s Word. In our present culture, believers are being seriously harmed by wolves ravaging the flock for their own profit by twisting God’s Word or cutting people off from the truth of God’s Word. This Sunday we will listen to Paul’s charge to the leaders of the church of Ephesus to feed the flock of God with God’s Word and protect it from those who would lead believers away from the truth.
Sermon: “The Critical Responsibility of Shepherding” – Acts 20:25-31
Thank you for your prayers!
On July 1st, in God’s appointed time Jen’s cousin died in a motorcycle accident. Thank you for your prayers for Jen and her family and for us as we traveled to Tennessee for the funeral on Sunday. The Lord blessed us with a wonderful time to rejoice in our hope in Christ and point others to Him. We praise the Lord for bringing us home safely on Thursday night. A big thank you to Pastor Dan for filling in in my absence.
I’m looking forward to being back with you on Sunday!
This Week’s Schedule:
- 9:25am – Adult and children’s classes (Adult class and Timothy class online as well through Sunday morning link)
- 10:30am – Morning Worship (nursery available)
- Wednesday: 6:30pm online only
If you have feedback on the live-stream quality, please let us know.
Live Streaming Links
- Live streaming to Zoom available for all services
- Morning Worship: https://zoom.us/j/360308233
- Wednesday Prayer and Bible Study: https://zoom.us/j/225762120
- Backup Plan: If Zoom goes down we will move to Google Meet: https://meet.google.com/qbm-xhcd-vxf
Zelle Online Giving available
If you would like to give an offering through an electronic means, you may now give through Zelle. You will find our church listed under the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you put in the email address correctly Zelle should recognize the recipient as “River Reach Baptist Church, Inc.” If you have any questions, please contact me.
- Our state and nation as we continue to battle Covid-19
- Carolyn and Mark restoring their home after a flood
- Our leaders to have wisdom
- Opportunities to share Christ in these uncertain times
- Spiritual growth and strength for each one in our church
- Our nation to repent and turn to God
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
Blessed to be your Pastor!