Dear River Reach Family,
“The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands; 25 nor is He served by human hands, as though He needed anything.Acts 17:24-25
God’s authority is rooted in His position as our Creator (Jeremiah 18:6). Our Creator is also by right our Lord. Our Creator gave us a free will and personal responsibility to choose how we will relate to Him (Romans 1:21). After asserting God’s position as Lord to the Athenian philosophers on the Areopagus, Paul goes on to correct there perception of God and give them proofs of His authority as visible in their lives. Even as our world is being terrorized by a microscopic virus we are reminded once again of our inability to control much of our world and our dependence on God who controls it all.
Sermon: “Acknowledging God’s Authority” – Acts 17:24-26
Our Lord who is sovereign over the coronavirus has allowed our present world be face this current pandemic. As a church we want to love our Lord and each other through this epidemic. Here are a few ways we will make adjustments
- We will continue with regular services as scheduled.
- Please use your own wisdom in deciding your response to the sickness. If you have any form of sickness, fever, etc. we encourage you to stay home and rest.
- Out of love for each other, let’s refrain from shaking hands, but great one another with a warm smile instead 🙂
- Please wash your hands thoroughly with warm water and soap before you come to a service. Our bathrooms are equipped with anti-bacterial soap in the dispensers, please make good use by washing your hands.
- Let’s trust our sovereign Lord who reminds us even in our passage for Sunday that, “He Himself gives to all people life and breath and all things;” (Acts 17:24)
- Pray for the Lord’s grace and mercy on those who are sick.
- Pray for Gospel opportunities to point fearful people to the Lord.
Community Christian School Senior Class will be with us this Sunday
We are thankful to have the senior class of Community Christians School with us this weekend as they begin their senior class trip. They wanted to be able to serve the Lord with part of their trip and chose to serve with us this weekend. They will be passing out easter flyers and doing work on our church grounds on Saturday as well as ministering in Sunday School classes and presenting a music package in the morning service. We thank God for their desire to serve the Lord!
We will have a meatball sub lunch fellowship with them following the morning service. You may sign up to bring an item here.
- Sunday 3/15 – 9:25am – Adult and Children’s Classes for all ages
- 10:30am – Morning Worship: Songs and Sermon (Children’s Church and nursery available)
- 12:00pm – Meatball Sub lunch fellowship
- Wednesday 3/18 – 6:30pm – Prayer Meeting and Bible Study
- Save the Dates – April 4th – Eggstravaganza; April 12th – Easter Sunday!
- Health, strength, wisdom, patience, and love in response to coronavirus
- Our leaders to have wisdom
- Kim and Micah recovering from surgeries
- To have wisdom as a church and individuals to bring glory to our Lord in 2020
- Spiritual growth and strength for each one in our church
- Our nation to repent and turn to God
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
- Peace in our nation and around the world
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
Blessed to be your Pastor!