Dear River Reach Family,
So Paul stood in the midst of the Areopagus and said, “Men of Athens, I observe that you are very religious in all respects. 23 “For while I was passing through and examining the objects of your worship, I also found an altar with this inscription, ‘TO AN UNKNOWN GOD.’ Therefore what you worship in ignorance, this I proclaim to you.Acts 17:22-23
While they might not claim to be religious, every human being in our world is trying to make sense of their existence. Each individual must answer questions about their existence, purpose in life, and how to live. For those who have never been exposed to the Bible, their only source of knowledge is man’s thinking and observation. The ancient Greek world was known for their philosophers. “Wise” men came up with philosophies on how to best live. Any philosophy of life that leaves God ought will be fatally flawed. The Gospel points us to Jesus Christ and gives us the real picture of life and how to live out or God-given design. The Holy Spirit placed Paul in Athens with the message of Jesus. How will it go? This Sunday we will learn how to develop opportunities to share Christ with the Biblically illiterate world around us.
Sermon: “Proclaiming Christ to Pagans” – Acts 17:18-23
Refresh 2020: A Refreshing Timing in God’s Word
We praise the Lord for refreshing our hearts through His Word and fellowship in the body of Christ! We also thank the Lord for blessing our Men’s Steak Out and Ladies Snack Night on Sunday evening. Thank you to all who came and invited others to come. Andy Gleiser presented a clear Gospel message that honored our Lord.
Connection Sunday Evening March 1st or 8th
This Sunday evening is a scheduled Connection Sunday Evening. This year as a church we are working to develop relationships with our unsaved friends and neighbors as well as with each other outside of regular church events. It is our desire to be on mission developing loving relationships with people to lead them to Christ and to lead them to follow Christ. I realize that this has been a busy week due to the Refresh Conference. Please don’t feel pressure to connect with someone this Sunday evening unless you already have plans. Due to our scheduled overnight youth camping outing on Sunday evening March 8-9, that evening will also be available to work toward making a connection with others for Christ’s sake. May the Lord give us the heart of Jesus toward those around us! (Matthew 9:36)
The goal is to be working toward developing relationships. Your effort is not a waste if the details don’t work out each time. Relationships take time to develop. The Lord is honored through our attempts to take the next step in identifying and building redemptive relationships.
- Sunday 3/1 – 9:25am – Adult and Children’s Classes for all ages
- 10:30am – Morning Worship: Songs and Sermon (Children’s Church and nursery available)
- Connection Sunday Evening
- Wednesday 3/4 – 6:30pm – Prayer Meeting and Bible Study
- Saturday 3/7 – 8:30am – Men’s Meeting / Workday
- Sunday 3/8-9 – Youth Overnight Camping at Anastasia State Park
- Lasting fruit in our hearts from Refresh 2020
- To have wisdom as a church and individuals to bring glory to our Lord in 2020
- Spiritual growth and strength for each one in our church
- Our nation to repent and turn to God
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
- Peace in our nation and around the world
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
Blessed to be your Pastor!