Dear River Reach Family,
Now while Paul was waiting for them at Athens, his spirit was being provoked within him as he was observing the city full of idols.Acts 17:16
Our world doesn’t know the one true God. Yes there is still some cultural element of exposure to Christianity, but that influence is rapidly declining with each new generation. People today are trying to make sense of life, but they are working hard to keep God out of the picture. What is our attitude toward the darkness around us? It is easy to get angry at the godlessness of our society and those who promote it, but if we attack political policies and those who promote them, we are fighting a losing battle. As Paul enters the world of Athens in AD 51, he was entering an almost completely pagan environment. They had never heard of the one true God and of Jesus Christ (Acts 17:18-20). The apostle Paul models for us the proper attitude and gospel mindset in a cultural very much parallel to ours. This Sunday morning we will learn how to share the Gospel of Jesus with the world of our day.
Sermon: “Sharing Christ with our World” – Acts 17:16-34
Lord’s Supper this Sunday morning
Our Lord called us to remember His loving sacrifice for us (1 Corinthians 11:23-26). This Sunday morning we will take a moment to remember the broken body and shed blood of our Lord for us on the cross. This is a time for personal examination of unconfessed sin in our lives (1 Corinthians 11:28-31). Please take time to examine your hearts before the Lord. Repent of any sin and confess it to the Lord. He always forgives those who humble confess their sins and seek His forgiveness (1 John 1:9).
Update for Stephen King this Sunday
Stephen King and his family are our missionaries to Germany. He will be with us this Sunday and give a few minute update on what God is doing in Germany at the beginning of our service this Sunday.
“God Who Hears” study this Sunday evening @ 6:00pm
We will be discussing Chapter 14: “Christ Our Example”.
- Sunday 2/16 – 9:25am – Adult and Children’s Classes for all ages
- 10:30am – Morning Worship: Songs and Sermon (Children’s Church and nursery available)
- 6:00pm – God Who Hears (Chapter 14)
- Wednesday 2/19 – 6:30pm – Prayer Meeting and Bible Study
- February 23-27 – Refresh Conference with Andy Gleiser
- Sunday evening February 23
- 5:00pm – Men’s Steak Night and Corn Hole Tournament (Please be praying about a friend that you can invite to hear the Gospel)
- 5:00pm – Ladies Snacks with Bryn
- Sunday evening February 23
- Sunday 3/1 – Connection Sunday Evening
- Men’s Steak Out outreach – wisdom and opportunity to invite men to come and hear the gospel / Men to come from our invitations
- Refresh Conference – the Lord to refresh our hearts and souls through His Word
- To have wisdom as a church and individuals to bring glory to our Lord in 2020
- Spiritual growth and strength for each one in our church
- Our nation to repent and turn to God
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
- Peace in our nation and around the world
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
Blessed to be your Pastor!