Dear River Reach Family,
When Peter came to himself, he said, “Now I know for sure that the Lord has sent forth His angel and rescued me from the hand of Herod and from all that the Jewish people were expecting.”Acts 12:11
Governmental authorities wield real power that directly impacts our lives as Christians (Acts 12:1-3). While we have been blessed in the United States with religious freedom, it doesn’t take much to imagine that those freedoms will come to an end someday soon. How should we respond to such foreboding danger? Unfortunately it is easy to rest our hope for freedom on political candidates who promise to preserve those freedoms. While we do appreciate every politician who promotes righteousness, our ultimate hope and confidence ought to be anchored to the rock of our God’s completely sovereignty over all things. Knowing that almost every generation of believers would face the fears of governmental opposition, the Holy Spirit in Acts 12 calls us to have complete confidence in our Lord. Kings, swords, chains, executioners, guards, iron gates are ultimately insignificant impotent to hinder our Lord’s plan!
Sermon: “When the Government is Against Us” – Acts 12:1-25
Walk Class continues this Sunday evening @ 6:00pm
Assignment: Complete Chapter 9: “Principles of Purity” in The Walk booklet. We will continue our discussion of this important topic this Sunday evening. Jen will have a class for the children during this discussion.
Men’s Workday / Hurricane Dorian Clean up this Saturday @ 8:30am
Thank the Lord for preserving us from a potentially devastating hurricane this week! We give God praise for His mercy to us. While we had minimal rain and only light gusts of wind, the one tree that fell during the Dorian was at our church! The Lord wanted that tree to come down 🙂 After our Men’s meeting we will work on cleaning up this tree. With enough guys it shouldn’t take too long!
Bahama’s Recovery Aid: Please pray for those in the Bahamas who suffered severe devastation from Dorian. A group of churches are getting together to send support to a church in the Bahamas who will then be able to direct the aid to where it is most needed and coupled with the Gospel. If you would like to give to support Christians in the recovery, you may put your gift in the offering with a note.
- Saturday 9/7 – 8:30am – Men’s Meeting / Work Day
- Sunday 9/8 – 9:25am – Sunday Classes (Adult and Children’s classes)
- 10:30am – Morning Worship: “Acts: Your Part in God’s Plan”
- 6:00pm – Walk Class (Ch. 9)
- Wednesday 9/11 – 6:30pm – Prayer Time / Bible Study
- Those recovering from Dorian in the Bahamas
- Spiritual growth for those being discipled
- Our nation to repent and turn to God
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
- Peace in our nation and around the world
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
Blessed to be your Pastor!