Dear River Reach Family,
But Peter said, “I do not possess silver and gold, but what I do have I give to you: In the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene — walk!” 7 And seizing him by the right hand, he raised him up; and immediately his feet and his ankles were strengthened. 8 With a leap he stood upright and began to walk; and he entered the temple with them, walking and leaping and praising God.Acts 3:6-8
What would it take to convince someone to believe in Jesus? While it is impossible for us to compel anyone’s faith, our Lord knew that the authority of His Word would need to be confirmed. Throughout biblical history God has confirmed the authenticity of His Word with miraculous demonstrations of power. God gave Moses supernatural signs to convince Pharaoh of God’s Word (Exodus 4:1-9). Jesus performed many miracles to prove the authority of His identity and teaching (John 10:25; 37-38). As our Lord opened the church age through the Apostles, He accredited their teaching through miracles. In Acts 3, the power of God flowed through simple men to exalt Christ and provide an opportunity for the preaching of the Gospel. Can you think of how God displays His power through you to exalt Christ and provide occasion to share the Gospel?
Sermon: “A Miracle to Confirm the Word” – Acts 3:1-26
Easter Weekend Celebration 4/18 & 21
This next week we will be celebrating the greatest events of history! We give special attention to remember the climax of our Lord’s suffering and death followed by His triumph over death through resurrection. Our faith rests on these two events. Meditation on these two events will produce overflowing gratitude for our Lord and eternal hope. I hope that you will take the time to invite others and join us as we remember the death and resurrection of our Lord.
- Redemption Memorial Service – Thursday 4/18 @ 6:30pm
- On Thursday evening we will take time to remember our Lord’s suffering and death for us.
- We will meditate on the cross and observe the Lord’s Supper.
- Easter Sunday! – 4/21
- 10:00am – Resurrection Celebration!
- 12:00pm – Lunch fellowship
Shepherding a Child’s Heart Class Sunday @ 6:00pm
Details: Sunday evenings @ 6:00pm; All are invited to join us.
Assignment: Read Chapter 8-9: “Embracing Biblical Methods: Communication & Life of Communication“
- Session 1: Getting to the Heart of Behavior
- Session 2: You’re in Charge
- Session 3: Your Child’s Development: Shaping Influences
- Session 4 (Ch. 3): Your Child’s Development: Godward Orientation
- Session 5: (Ch. 5 & Optional Ch. 6): Examining Your Goals
- Session 6: (Ch.7): Discarding Unbiblical Methods (4/7)
- Session 7: (Ch. 8-9) Embracing Biblical Methods: Communication
- Session 8: (Ch. 10) Embracing Biblical Methods: Appeal to Conscience, Life of Communication
- Session 9: (Ch. 11-12) Embracing Biblical Methods: Discipline Process
- Session 10: (Ch. 14-15) Shepherding Children: Ages 0-5
- Session 11: (Ch. 16-17) Shepherding Children: Ages 6-12
- Session 12: (Ch. 18-19) Shepherding Children: Teens
- Sunday 4/14 – 9:25am – Sunday Classes (Adult and Children’s classes)
- 10:30am – Morning Worship: “Acts: Your Part in God’s Plan”
- 6:00pm – Shepherding a Child’s Heart
- Thursday 4/18 – 6:30pm – Redemption Memorial Service
- Easter Sunday – 4/21
- 10:00am – Resurrection Celebration
- 12:00pm – Lunch Fellowship
- Tentatively Save the Date: RRBC 10th Anniversary weekend celebration July 27-28 (If you have a schedule conflict with this weekend, please let me know. We are trying to pick the best weekend to celebrate our 10th anniversary.
- Bob’s ministry at the flea market tomorrow
- Spiritual growth for those being discipled
- Our nation to repent and turn to God
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
- Peace in our nation and around the world
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
Blessed to be your Pastor!