Dear River Reach Family,
Now when they heard this, they were pierced to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brethren, what shall we do?” 38 Peter said to them, “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.Acts 2:37-38
Heart disease and cancer are the two leading causes of death in the United States. Our society has longed for years to find a cure for these voracious killers. While our society battles against these physical killers, most people embrace the most deadly killer of all: sin. Sin not only brings physical death, but also an infinitely more serious devastation: eternal condemnation. Thankfully, the Holy Spirit through the message of the Gospel is opening eyes to see the impending doom! Is there a way to be saved from God’s wrath on our sin? Repentance and faith in Jesus Christ brings full forgiveness and salvation!
Sermon: “Forgiveness Through Repentance” – Acts 2:37-41
Praise the Lord for a wonderful Refresh Conference!
The Lord blessed us this week through the music and preaching ministry of the Herbster family. I thank God for the work He did in my heart. I hope you also received a blessing and spiritual refreshing from God’s Word this week.
Thank you for your generous love gift to the Herbsters. They were exceedingly grateful for your kindness and generosity to them.
Sermon Audio Recordings from 2019 Refresh Conference:
- Monday: Dealing with Anger – Ephesians 4:26
- Tuesday: Final Instructions to Believers – Philippians 4
- Wednesday: Single-minded Devotion to God – Matthew 6:19-24
Shepherding a Child’s Heart Class Sunday @ 6:00pm
Details: Sunday evenings @ 6:00pm
Assignment: Read Chapter 5: “Examining Your Goals“
Session 1: Getting to the Heart of Behavior
Session 2: You’re in Charge
Session 3: Your Child’s Development: Shaping Influences
Session 4 (Ch. 3): Your Child’s Development: Godward Orientation
Session 5: (Ch. 5): Examining Your Goals (4/1)
Session 6: Discarding Unbiblical Methods
Session 7: Embracing Biblical Methods: Communication
Session 8: Embracing Biblical Methods: Appeal to Conscience, Life of Communication Session 9: Embracing Biblical Methods: Discipline Process
Session 10: Shepherding Children: Ages 0-5
Session 11: Shepherding Children: Ages 6-12
Session 12: Shepherding Children: Teens
- Sunday 4/1 – 9:25am – Sunday Classes (Adult and Children’s classes)
- 10:30am – Morning Worship: “Acts: Your Part in God’s Plan”
- 6:00pm – Shepherding a Child’s Heart
- Wednesday 4/3 – 6:30pm – Prayer and Bible Study
- Friday 4/5 – 6:30pm – Fort Caroline Gardens Outreach
- Saturday 4/6 – 8:30am – Men’s Meeting / Workday
- Lasting changes in our lives from the Refresh Conference
- Bob’s ministry at the flea market tomorrow
- Spiritual growth for those being discipled
- Our nation to repent and turn to God
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
- Peace in our nation and around the world
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
Blessed to be your Pastor!