Dear River Reach Family,
I adjure you by the Lord to have this letter read to all the brethren. 28 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.” 1 Thessalonians 5:27-28
This past week voters elected officials to represent them at various levels in our representative democracy. Our newly elected officials will swear to uphold the constitution and the laws of our land. By oath they are obligated to fulfill their duties with honor and dignity. As citizens we depend on our representatives to fulfill their duties. In the final verses of their letter to the Thessalonians, the writers place the recipients under solemn oath to make sure every member in the church is exposed to the contents of the letter. This injunction highlights the significance and responsibility we have to share God’s Word with each other. This Sunday we will examine this injunction and our derivative responsibility. We need regular and thorough exposure to God’s Word.
Sunday Sermon: “We Need God’s Word“ – 1 Thessalonians 5:27
We praise the Lord for the freedom we enjoy because of the service and sacrifice of so many in our military. Thank you to those who have served us by serving in the military!
Praise the Lord for a healthy new baby!
The Powells welcomed their son into the world on Wednesday afternoon! We praise the Lord that mom and baby are both doing well.
“The Walk Class” this Sunday evening @ 6:00pm
Assignment: Complete Chapter 3: “A Balanced Walk” in The Walk booklet. This week we continue our discussion of how to live in the world but not be of the world. Be prepared to discuss what you learned!
- Two men in our church at sea serving our nation and their families
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
- Peace in our nation and around the world
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
- Sunday 11/11- 9:25am – Sunday Classes (Adult and Children’s classes)
- 10:30am – Morning Worship (1 Thessalonians – One Life to a Life for Life)
- 6:00pm – The Walk Class
- Wednesday 11/14 – 6:30pm – Prayer / Bible Study
- Friday 11/16 – 6:00pm – Ladies Night Out
- Tuesday 11/20 – 6:00pm – Thanksgiving Praise Service
Blessed to be your Pastor!