Dear River Reach Family,
Greet all the brethren with a holy kiss. 27 I adjure you by the Lord to have this letter read to all the brethren.” 1 Thessalonians 5:26-27
Normal greetings in my world tend to be a smile and firm handshake. I remember the awkwardness as an early teen of the first time I was greeted with the traditional Italian kiss on the cheek. Prepared for a nice smile and handshake, the very friendly older Italian lady ignored my extended hand, grabbed my shoulders, pulled me through the interpersonal danger zone and gave me a nice kiss on the cheek! My experience in life and society hadn’t prepared me for that moment. I was stunned! I hope I didn’t make the kind lady feel too awkward! Following the incident I received instruction in proper etiquette to follow in similar circumstances. From that point on I learned to return the warm display of affection with a light kiss on the other parties cheek. Though it never felt normal to me in my cultural milieu, I could not help but feel the love, warmth, and clear demonstration of this ladies appreciation for our relationship in Christ. Though cultures may change, believers must never fail to demonstrate true love for each other. Our passage for this Sunday reminds us to show our love for each other!
Sunday Sermon: “Show Love for Each Other“ – 1 Thessalonians 5:26-27
“Walk Class” this Sunday evening @ 6:00pm
Assignment: Complete Chapter 3: “A Balanced Walk” in The Walk booklet. Be prepared to discuss what you learned!
Camping / Campfire Picnic Option 11/5
Several families in the church are planning on spending a few nights camping at Mike Roess Gold Head Branch State Park on Sunday evening 11/4-11/6. Since the campground is not too far away, we would like to invite any who are interested in joining us at the park for a campfire picnic around 5:00pm on Monday evening 11/5. Please don’t feel obligated to come, but we would love to have anyone join us for whatever works best in your schedule. If you have any questions, please ask Matt or Jen Rowley.
- Wisdom for believer to know how to vote in a way that promotes truth, righteousness, and justice
- Fruit for the Lord’s glory from Fall Fun Fest
- Those who are facing health challenges
- Two men in our church back out at sea serving our nation and their families
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
- Susan’s health
- Peace in our nation and around the world
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
- Sunday 10/28 – 9:25am – Sunday Classes (Adult and Children’s classes)
- 10:30am – Morning Worship (1 Thessalonians – One Life to a Life for Life)
- 6:00pm – The Walk Class
- Wednesday 10/31 – 6:30pm – Prayer / Bible Study
- Friday 11/2 – 6:30pm – Fort Caroline Outreach
- Saturday 11/3 8:30am – Men’s Meeting / Workday
- Sunday 11/4 – Missionaries the Perry family
- Lunch Fellowship
- Monday 11/5 – Optional campfire picnic at Mike Roess Gold Head Branch State Park
Blessed to be your Pastor!