Dear River Reach Family,
But you, brethren, are not in darkness, that the day would overtake you like a thief; 5 for you are all sons of light and sons of day. We are not of night nor of darkness; 6 so then let us not sleep as others do, but let us be alert and sober.” 1 Thessalonians 5:4-6
Yesterday I saw a picture of my nephew and immediately said, “That’s my brother, Dave!” His son looks just like him. When Christ saved us, He adopted us into His family! For genetic reasons it is highly unlikely that adopted children would resemble their new parents. Our Lord not only adopted us, but also re-birthed us and gave us His Holy Spirit to continue a life long process of making us look more and more like our Savior. When Christ or others observe our lives, there ought to be a growing resemblance of His nature evident within us. Our passage for Sunday says the difference between our old lives and our new lives ought to be similar to the contrast between night and day, or sleeping and high alert! Our passage for this Sunday will challenge us to live out our new identity in Christ for His glory.
Sunday Sermon: “Alert Living” – 1 Thessalonians 5:4-11
This past week my heart was blessed to see God work through you in two clear ways!
Thank you for serving the Lord through VBS!
Thank you for the sacrifice of your time and energy to serve the Lord by serving these young souls! Praise the Lord for bringing out several new families from our community. Several of them commented how grateful they were for the ministry of our church to their families and how well you ran the event. To God be the glory! Let’s continue to pray that the Gospel seeds that were sown would be watered and produce fruit for Christ’s glory.
Thank you for your generous love gift to Bruce T.
I know God used Bruce’s ministry to be a blessing to us, but I’m also grateful that God enabled us to be a blessing to Him. Thank you for your generous display of love for Bruce and for the Lord’s kingdom!
Foundations Class this Sunday @ 6:00pm
Assignment: Complete Chapter 11: “Stewardship” in the Foundations book. We will continue our discussion from last week and Lord willing finish chapter 11.
- Fruit for Christ’s glory from VBS
- Joanna recovery from surgery
- Peace in our nation and around the world
- Opportunities and boldness to make relationships to share the Gospel
- Those faithfully serving the Lord in the military
- River Reach Baptist Church to make reproducing disciples of Jesus Christ
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
- Sunday 8/5 – 9:25 – Sunday Classes (Adult and Children’s classes)
- 10:30 – Morning Worship (1 Thessalonians – One Life to a Life for Life)
- 6:00pm – Foundations Class
- Wednesday 8/8 – 6:30pm – Prayer / Bible Study
- Sunday 8/12 – Lunch Fellowship / Voting on New Members following lunch
- No Evening Service
Blessed to be your Pastor!