Dear River Reach Family,
It came about when the sun had set, that it was very dark, and behold, there appeared a smoking oven and a flaming torch which passed between these pieces. 18 On that day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, “To your descendants I have given this land, From the river of Egypt as far as the great river, the river Euphrates.” Genesis 15:17-18
Promises mean different things to different people. Parents, corporations, employers, politicians, marriage partners, banks, and many other entities in our society make promises. We often use promises to sell a product, motivate action, or in someway gain an advantage for ourselves. Sadly we have become accustomed to broken promises. God dwells in a different realm. Since He is self-existent, He doesn’t need to earn or gain anything. Yet God offers incredible promises to those who trust Him! He willingly obligates Himself, His resources, His attention, His time, and His love to us simply because He loves us. He promises to bless believers eternally. On Sunday, we will meditate on God’s everlasting covenant with Abram. Our heavenly Father’s faithfulness to His promises supply incredible peace and reveal much about His character.
Sunday Sermon: “Our Promise Keeping God” Genesis 15:7-21
Men’s Meeting and Workday @ 8:30am tomorrow morning.
We will be spreading mulch in the landscaping to prepare our grounds for the Easter.
New Members Class Continues this Sunday @ 9:30am
Taking Time to Change Group continues this Sunday evening.
Studying Chapter 11
- Mint Magazine advertisement going out for Easter
- Our military and their families
- People to invite to our special Easter service on 4/16
- Righteousness to be exalted in our nation
- The Lord to bless our missionaries and their ministries
- The Lord to bless our services on Sunday
- The Lord to provide a qualified roofing contractor at an affordable price for our church roof.
- Sunday 4/2 – 9:30am – New Member’s Class
- Sunday 4/2 – 6:00pm – Taking Time to Change Group
- Saturday 4/1 – 8:30am – Men’s meeting / Workday
- Sunday 4/16 – Easter Sunday!
- April 30-May 3 – Refresh Conference with Evangelist Mike Herbster
Blessed to serve the Lord with you!