Dear River Reach Family,
32 “And now I commend you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and to give you the inheritance among all those who are sanctified. 33 “I have coveted no one’s silver or gold or clothes.Acts 20:32-33
Our Lord calls us all to be servants (Matthew 23:11-12). Jesus was the greatest servant of all (Acts 20:35). He came not to be served but to serve and to give His all for others (Mark 10:45). No matter where God places us, He wants us to develop the mindset of self-sacrificial service for others. The way we honor Christ in this life is by putting ourselves last and serving Christ and others first. Whether in our roles as parents, citizens, employees, employers, church members, or church leaders we must all be reminded to faithfully serve the Lord. In our passage for this Sunday, Paul continues his charge to the Ephesian church leaders calling them to develop the proper ministry mindset in their Holy Spirit appointed positions in the church. A Christ-like ministry mindset will impact our attitude toward our God-given responsibilities, ourselves, and others.
Sermon: “Developing A Ministry Mindset” – Acts 20:31-38
I just want to say what a blessing it was to fellowship with you last week! A big thank you to Doug and Estella for baking the delicious cheese cakes to celebrate Brian’s retirement! Thank you all for showing your love for each other by overcoming the God ordained inconveniences of Covid-19. What a blessing it was to pray with Duane and Afshin before Sunday School last week! What a blessing it has been to see all of you showing love for each other through loving conversation, prayer, and the effort you put out to be faithful to encourage one another with your presence in whatever form God allows. Even during this time of Covid-19, God will give us grace to fulfill our “one another” responsibilities and thus bring honor to our Lord (Hebrews 10:24-25). I thank the Lord for every fellowship opportunity He gives!
This Week’s Schedule:
- 9:25am – Adult and children’s classes (Adult class and Timothy class online as well through Sunday morning link)
- 10:30am – Morning Worship (nursery available)
- Wednesday: 6:30pm online only
Live Streaming Links
- Live streaming to Zoom available for all services
- Morning Worship: https://zoom.us/j/360308233
- Wednesday Prayer and Bible Study: https://zoom.us/j/225762120
- Backup Plan: If Zoom goes down we will move to Google Meet: https://meet.google.com/qbm-xhcd-vxf
Zelle Online Giving available
If you would like to give an offering through an electronic means, you may now give through Zelle. You will find our church listed under the email address: email@example.com
If you put in the email address correctly Zelle should recognize the recipient as “River Reach Baptist Church, Inc.” If you have any questions, please contact me.
- Praise: Melody out of the hospital. Prayer: Continued full recovery
- Our state and nation as we continue to battle Covid-19
- Our leaders to have wisdom
- Opportunities to share Christ in these uncertain times
- Spiritual growth and strength for each one in our church
- Our nation to repent and turn to God
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
Blessed to be your Pastor!