Dear River Reach Family,
But the Jews, becoming jealous and taking along some wicked men from the marketplace, formed a mob and set the city in an uproar; and attacking the house of Jason, they were seeking to bring them out to the people.Acts 17:5
Spiritual leaders should be strong enough to handle trials and spiritual opposition, but what about “normal” Christians? Could a brand new believer be able to remain faithful to Christ even in the face of severe pressure? Maybe you don’t feel like you are an olympic Christian but feel like you are still working on the couch to 5k level of spiritual fitness. Will God’s grace be enough to support you through your dark hours of suffering? In Philippi we saw Paul and Silas pass the spiritual fitness test and honor their Lord through suffering. This week in Thessalonica, a new group of believers will face the fury of persecution. God spares Paul and Silas, but Jason and a few other new believers find themselves taking the heat for the name of Jesus Christ. Are you strong enough to survive the trials God brings your way?
Sermon: “Are You Strong Enough?” – Acts 17:1-10
State of the Church family meeting this Sunday evening at 6:00pm
This Sunday evening I will take time to share with you my vision for how we can work together to fulfill our mission as a church this year. I will be sharing an evaluation on where we are as a church and where we would like to be headed by God’s grace this year. I will be presenting our calendar of events for the year and talk about how we will be using different events to help us better advance Christ’s kingdom here in Jacksonville. The Lord wants all of us to be working together to serve Him. I know God has a wonderful plan in store for us and can’t wait to see what He will do for His glory through our church this year!
Kids Bash this Sunday afternoon 12-2pm
Following the morning service, the younger children have a fun time planned! All children 3 years old to 3rd grade are invited to attend the Kids Bash. Lunch will be provided for your children. Please pick them up at the church at 2:00pm.
- Friday 1/24 – 6:00pm – Ladies Night Out (California Pizza Kitchen)
- Sunday 1/26 – 9:25am – Adult and Children’s Classes for all ages
- 10:30am – Morning Worship: Songs and Sermon (Children’s Church and nursery available)
- 12:00-2:00pm – Children’s Afternoon Bash
- 6:00pm – State of the Church family meeting
- Wednesday 1/29 – 6:30pm – Prayer Meeting and Bible Study
- February 23-27 – Refresh Conference with Andy Gleiser
- To have wisdom as a church and individuals to bring glory to our Lord in 2020.
- Spiritual growth and strength for each one in our church
- Our nation to repent and turn to God
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
- Peace in our nation and around the world
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
Blessed to be your Pastor!