Dear River Reach Family,
Brethren, join in following my example, and observe those who walk according to the pattern you have in us.Philippians 3:17
We have been blessed as a church through the lives and ministry of Bob and Mary Rutledge. In God’s will, this Sunday will be their last Sunday with us before they move to be with family in Greenville, SC. As believers in Jesus Christ we are repeatedly instructed in the New Testament to observe and follow the godly examples of those who are seeking to live for Christ (Phil. 3:17). This Sunday morning we will spend time in Paul’s letter to the Philippians to observing the characteristics of godly believers. Our desire is to observe their faith and follow it in our own lives! To help the believers recognize godliness, Paul opens up his own heart and priorities for observation by his beloved disciples. May the Lord help us to develop a ministry mindset and thus honor our Lord.
Sermon: “Follow Their Example” – Philippians 3:17-21, et. al.
Rutledges Farewell Events this Sunday
Farewells are a necessary but painful part of life. Thankfully we will never have to say “goodbye” in heaven! This Sunday we want to take time to say goodbye to Bob and Mary Rutledge. The Lord has called them back to Greenville, SC to help with their family and continue serving the Lord. This Sunday we will have several special opportunities to fellowship with them one last time.
- 9:25am – Bob and Mary will give testimonies of what God has done in their lives while they have been here at River Reach
- Bob will give us a short challenge from God’s Word.
- 10:30 – “Following Their Example” sermon from Philippians
- 12:00pm – Lunch Fellowship
- Douglas is planning to make a farewell cheesecake 🙂
- Testimony Opportunity: We will have opportunity to share how the Lord has blessed us through the lives and ministries of Bob and Mary.
Due to the Christmas holidays, please pay careful attention to our adapted schedule!
- Sunday 12/29 – 9:25am – Bob and Mary Rutledge Testimonies
- 10:30am – Morning Service: Songs and Sermon (Childcare provided)
- 12:00pm – New Year’s Fellowship / Rutledge’s Farewell Fellowship
- No Evening Activities
- Wednesday 1/1 – New Year’s Day! (No Wednesday Service)
- Saturday 1/4 – Men’s meeting / Workday
- Sunday 1/5 – 20-20 Vision Sunday!
- Brian, Dawn, and Bruce Tuttle and family at the home going of their mom (Visitation – 10:00am and Funeral 11:00am tomorrow 12/28); safety traveling
- Powells traveling on vacation
- Spiritual growth and strength for each one in our church
- Our nation to repent and turn to God
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
- Peace in our nation and around the world
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
Blessed to be your Pastor!