Dear River Reach Family,
Opening his mouth, Peter said:Acts 10:34-35
“I most certainly understand now that God is not one to show partiality, 35 but in every nation the man who fears Him and does what is right is welcome to Him.
God loves every human being. He demonstrated His love by giving His Son to die for us to redeem us from our sin (Romans 5:8; John 3:16). The proof of God’s love for us did not stop at the cross. His relentless love continues to pursue sinners and draw them to faith in Jesus Christ. Since the moment Jesus died for us on the cross, He has been drawing all people to himself (John 12:32). The history of the early church records for us the expansion of God’s love in saving first Jews (Acts 2) then Samaritans (Acts 8:5) and this Sunday we will watch as Peter opens the door of the Gospel to the Gentiles through a Roman Centurion named Cornelius (Acts 10). Thankfully God is still reaching out to all peoples and drawing individuals to Himself in salvation!
Sermon: “Salvation Reaches Out” – Acts 10:1-48
Walk Class continues this Sunday evening @ 6:00pm
Assignment: Complete Chapter 8: “Financial Stewardship” in The Walk booklet. We will continue to discuss this chapter.
- Friday 8/23 – 6:00 – Ladies Night Out – Chicken Salad Chick (Town Center)
- Sunday 8/25 – 9:25am – Sunday Classes (Adult and Children’s classes)
- 10:30am – Morning Worship: “Acts: Your Part in God’s Plan”
- 6:00pm – Walk Class
- Wednesday 8/28 – 6:30pm – Prayer Time / Bible Study @ the Powells house
- Melodie and Brittany
- Spiritual growth for those being discipled
- Our nation to repent and turn to God
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
- Peace in our nation and around the world
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
Blessed to be your Pastor!