Dear River Reach Family,
How long, O LORD, will I call for help,Habakkuk 1:2-3
And You will not hear?
I cry out to You, “Violence!”
Yet You do not save.
3 Why do You make me see iniquity,
And cause me to look on wickedness?
Yes, destruction and violence are before me;
Strife exists and contention arises…”
Do you ever feel like things are backward and upside down in this life? Are you ever perplexed by the prosperity of the wicked and struggles of the godly? Occasionally we may feel like we could give God a pointer or two on how to make things right in the world! We are not the first to feel this way. In the 6th century before Christ (607-606 BC), a relatively obscure servant of God felt the same way about the events of his day. He was outraged at the sin of God’s people, Judah. He was frustrated by the silence and seeming absence of God from their day. He was unhappy with God’s announced plan. In the midst of his delusion, God called Habakkuk from pride to faith (Habakkuk 2:4). The resulting change of heart brought peace and joy in the face of foreboding circumstances. In dark and trying times we need to live by our faith in God. He is at work in our day. He will take care of His children. We can rejoice and rest!
Sunday Sermon: “From Doubt to Faith” – Habakkuk 1-3
Christmas Cantata Sunday 12/16
The RRBC choir and drama team have been working hard to prepare a musical and dramatic production to help us meditate on the blessing of our Lord’s incarnation. This event would be a great time invite friends and family members to join with us. The Gospel will be presented in word and song.
“The Walk Class” this Sunday evening @ 6:00pm
Assignment: Complete Chapter 4: “The Christian Home” in The Walk booklet. Will will continue our discussion in Ch. 4. Be prepared to discuss what you learned!
- The Lord to be glorified in our Christmas Cantata next week.
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
- Peace in our nation and around the world
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
- Friday 12/7 – 6:30pm – Ft. Caroline Outreach
- Sunday 12/9 – 9:25am – Sunday Classes (Adult and Children’s classes)
- 10:30am – Morning Worship: (Habakkuk: Doubting then Trusting God’s Justice)
- 6:00pm – The Walk Class
- Wednesday 12/12 – 6:30pm – Wednesday Evening Bible Study
- Friday 12/14 – 6:00pm – Ladies Progressive Dinner
- Sunday 12/16 – 10:00am – Christmas Cantata: “Tell the Story”
Blessed to be your Pastor!