Dear River Reach Family,
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good; 22 abstain from every form of evil.” 1 Thessalonians 5:21-22
Have you ever been in a rush at the store? Your moving through the aisles, grabbing items off the shelf and throwing them into the cart. Your knocking out your shopping list in record time! When you arrive home you unload your goods only to find out that you grabbed an item that looked similar, but had been placed in the wrong place on the shelf at the store! I can’t tell you how many times this has happened to me. When we are in a rush or too careless to stop and examine carefully what we are purchasing we will inevitably end up losing in the end. The same thing is true in the Christian life. It is amazing how many things in life may sound good, feel good, or simply be the easiest choice but end up being the wrong choice! It seems like especially today many Christians have become too lazy to measure everything by God’s Word. Sadly the result of spiritual carelessness is often devastating. Thankfully God has given us His Word. When we measure everything by His Word we will never go wrong!
Sunday Sermon: “Measure Everything With God’s Word“ – 1 Thessalonians 5:21-22
Men’s Meeting and Church Workday tomorrow
Men’s Meeting will start at 8:30am
Church wide work day begins around 10:00am. We should be done by Noon or earlier! We will be working to prepare for Fall Fun Fest in one week!
No “Walk Class” this Sunday evening
With the busy schedule of Saturday workday and Fall Fun Fest next Saturday, we thought it would be good to give our families an evening of rest and time together this Sunday evening.
We will pick back up on 10/14 at 6:00pm
Fall Fun Fest in one week! 10/13 11:00am-2:00pm
Date: Saturday 10/13
Please be inviting friends and family to come join us for a fun day together. There will be games for children and adults as well as food and other fun events. JFRD has promised to bring a fire engine for the children to climb in!
- Several families traveling this weekend
- Those who are facing health challenges
- Two men in our church back out at sea serving our nation and their families
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
- Susan’s health
- Peace in our nation and around the world
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
- Saturday 10/6 – 8:30am – Men’s Meeting
- 10:00am – Church wide workday to prepare for Fall Fun Fest
- Sunday 10/7 – 9:25am – Sunday Classes (Adult and Children’s classes)
- 10:30am – Morning Worship (1 Thessalonians – One Life to a Life for Life)
- 12:00pm – Lunch Fellowship
- Wednesday 10/10 – 6:30pm – Prayer / Bible Study
- Saturday 10/13 – 11:00am-2pm Fall Fun Fest!
Blessed to be your Pastor!