Dear River Reach Family,
For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night. 3 While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape.” 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3
The other day my daughter and I were riding home from a dentist appointment. My mind was mulling over some distant thought as we waited for the light to switch. As we pulled away from the stop light we heard a massive train horn sound! It was one of those sounds that immediately grabs your attention and and pulls you into high alert. We were not anywhere near railroad tracks! Another car had pulled an illegal turn directly in front of a lifted heavy duty pickup. The driver took full advantage of his aftermarket train horn to get the delinquent driver’s attention and let him know his opinion. The world of our day is living as if life as they know it will continue uninterrupted forever. God’s Word is crystal clear. The Sovereign of the Universe is swiftly bringing this world to a transition point. Though sin and rejection of God may about and seem to go unpunished, they day of God’s mercy and grace is coming to a close. The Day of the Lord is coming (1 Thessalonians 5:2). The Lord will have His day of reckoning for the wicked (1 Thessalonians 5:3). May this sobering reality motivate us to live for the Lord today!
Sunday Sermon: “The Coming Day of the Lord” – 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11
Vacation Bible School
VBS is just 1 weeks away (VBS 7/29-8/1 – 6:30-8:30pm)! Thank you to those who have volunteered to help and teach in a variety of capacities. Pastor Dan should be sending out an email shortly with all the information you need to know. Here are just a few announcements:
- Flyers: VBS flyers are available on the lobby table, please take a few and invite any children you know. If they come they will have a great time and hear the Gospel.
- Snacks: If you would like to bring some snacks for VBS please contact Pastor Dan.
- Craft Items: In preparation for some of the crafts we could use your help collecting 2 liter bottles and aluminum soup cans. You may leave these items in the storage room off the back of the auditorium. Thank you!
- VBS Decoration Night – Friday 7/27 – 6:30pm – We could use your help to make the week of VBS special through creative decorations. Your help on this evening would be greatly appreciated!
- Family Fun Night – Wednesday, August 1st will be our family fun night! All parents and adults are invited to enjoy a special time of games, ice cream, and a Gospel challenge from God’s Word.
Please pray that God will work in and through our willing service to advance Christ’s kingdom!
Foundations Class this Sunday @ 6:00pm
Assignment: Complete Chapter 11: “Stewardship” in the Foundations book. We will continue our discussion from last week.
- Peace in our nation and around the world
- Opportunities and boldness to make relationships to share the Gospel
- Those faithfully serving the Lord in the military
- River Reach Baptist Church to make reproducing disciples of Jesus Christ
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
- Sunday 7/22 – 9:25 – Sunday Classes (Adult and Children’s classes)
- 10:30 – Morning Worship (1 Thessalonians – One Life to a Life for Life)
- 6:00pm – Foundations Class
- Wednesday 7/25 – 6:30pm – Prayer / Bible Study
- VBS 7/29-8/1 – 6:30-8:30pm
- Wednesday 8/1 – Family Fun Night!
Blessed to be your Pastor!