Dear River Reach Family,
But we urge you, brethren, to excel still more, 11 and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands, just as we commanded you,” 1 Thessalonians 4:10-11
Your love for others will be visible in many areas of life. Love includes actively doing things to care for the needs of others like sharing your time and resources with those who may be in need. While love always has an outward focus, it also demands personal responsibility. When you work diligently to care for your own needs you are also demonstrating love toward those around you. An irresponsible person ends up being an unnecessary weight on others. Our testimony to unbelievers can be hindered by laziness, shirking responsibilities, poor attention to detail, tardiness, and many other external demonstrations of self-centeredness. The Gospel teaches us to love others more than ourselves (John 3:16; Romans 5:8). The power of the Holy Spirit enable self-control and diligence to the edification of the body of Christ and our society at large. This Sunday we will consider some very practical applications of the Gospel at work in our lives.
Sunday Sermon: “Loving Others Through Personal Responsibility” – 1 Thessalonians 4:9-12
Independence Day Fellowship and Prayer time this Sunday afternoon July 1st!
Thank God for the freedoms we enjoy in the United States. Our hearts are burdened by the rejection of God within our nation. The best thing we can do for our nation is pray and share the Gospel! We are instructed in God’s Word to pray for our leaders (1 Timothy 2:1-4). This Sunday afternoon we will have a special time of prayer for our nation.
Menu: BLT’s (Bacon Lettuce and Tomato Sandwiches)
You can sign up here if you would like to bring a food item.
Family Sunday this Sunday
Junior church age children will be welcomed into our morning service as we all worship the Lord together.
No Foundations Class this Sunday
Happy Independence Day!
No Wednesday Evening Bible Study on July 4th
- Powells on Vacation
- Peace in our nation and around the world
- Opportunities and boldness to make relationships to share the Gospel
- Those faithfully serving the Lord in the military
- River Reach Baptist Church to make reproducing disciples of Jesus Christ
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
- Sunday 7/1 – 9:25 – Sunday Classes (Adults and Children’s classes)
- 10:30 – Morning Worship (1 Thessalonians – One Life to a Life for Life) / Family Sunday
- 12:00pm – Independence Day Lunch Fellowship
- 12:45pm – Prayer for our nation
- No Bible Study Wednesday 7/4
- Saturday 7/14 – 8:30am Men’s Meeting / Workday
- VBS 7/29-8/1 – 6:30-8:30pm
Blessed to be your Pastor!