Dear River Reach Family,
For you, brethren, became imitators of the churches of God in Christ Jesus that are in Judea, for you also endured the same sufferings at the hands of your own countrymen, even as they did from the Jews.” 1 Thessalonians 2:14
The weather is an ongoing cycle of change and variety. Here in Florida we are blessed to live in the Sunshine State, but severe weather is certain to be part of the forecast. Storms are coming! No they might not be here this week, but they are coming. The same thing in is true in the Christian life. Though today everything may be smooth sailing, spiritual stresses and storms in your life are certain to come. When the storms of life rage, will you have the strength to stand? We must prepare ahead of time to be able to weather the storm. How do you gain strength to weather the storms of life? In our passage for this Sunday, the Apostle Paul observes two separate groups of believers who successfully weathered severe storms. How did they stand strong in their trials? They built their lives on the foundation of God’s Word.
Sunday Sermon: “Strength to Weather the Storms” – 1 Thessalonians 2:14-16
A Blessed Easter Celebration!
Wasn’t it a blessing to celebrate the triumph and credibility of our Savior last week? Guess what! We get to celebrate His resurrection every Sunday!
Blessed by Brother Doug
On Wednesday evening, Brother Douglas Smith blessed us with a challenge from God’s Word following our Passion week observances. The title of his message was “What Now?” from Jeremiah 31:31-34. If you have a 22 minutes, I encourage you to listen to his challenge. You will be encouraged!
Foundations Class: Sunday @ 6:00pm
Assignment: Complete Chapter 6: “Prayer” in the Foundations book.
Current disciple making focus:
- Pray that God will lead you to one soul that you can win to Christ.
- Pray that God will lead you to one believer that you can lead to become more like Christ.
- Work on Chapter 6 of the Foundations book.
Adult Sunday Class: A Study in Titus
Join the adults on Sunday morning at 9:25 as Brian continues his study through the Epistle of Titus.
Church Directory Update
I appreciate Dawn’s work to update the church directory. A master directory is on the lobby table. If you have opportunity, please check to make sure that your information is correct. If you are not in the directory and would like to be, please fill out a form also on the lobby table and give it to Dawn, or me. (We do not sell or share your information outside the church 🙂
- Russell fighting kidney stones
- Susan’s health
- Fruit from the Rutledge’s outreach efforts
- Bryn Gleiser battling breast cancer
- Opportunities and boldness to make relationships to share the Gospel
- Those faithfully serving the Lord in the military
- River Reach Baptist Church to make reproducing disciples of Jesus Christ
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
- Our nation and leaders
- Saturday 4/7 – 8:30am Men’s Meeting / Workday
- Sunday 4/8 – 9:25 – Sunday Classes (Adults and Children’s classes)
- 10:30 – Morning Worship (One Life to a Life for Life – 1 Thessalonians)
- 6:00 – Foundations Class
- Wednesday 4/11 – 6:30pm – Prayer Service and Bible Study (Triumphing in Trying Times)
- Friday 4/13 – 6:30pm Ft. Caroline Outreach
- Saturday 4/21 – 10:30 – New Move-ins Outreach
Blessed to be your Pastor!