Dear River Reach Family,
Then David said to Abigail, “Blessed be the LORD God of Israel, who sent you this day to meet me, 33 and blessed be your discernment, and blessed be you, who have kept me this day from bloodshed and from avenging myself by my own hand.”1 Samuel 25:32-33
While we would like to view Mother’s Day through the lense of soft baby cheeks and sweet smelling perfume, the reality of a woman’s life in a sin cursed world is often light years from such comforts. Sinful hearts have the potential to create a boiling pot of tension within a marriage. While sin hardens both men and women, many women have found themselves married to a “worthless” man. In our passage for this Sunday, the Holy Spirit presents a mismatched marriage between Abigail an intelligent and beautiful woman married to Nabal a rich, harsh, and worthless man (1 Samuel 25:3). Even in the midst of such a difficult relationship, Abigail finds grace to bring glory to her Lord through wise and humble action. God sees her situation and resolves the tension by His sovereign hand of justice. May God use Abigail’s example to encourage women through the hope and strength found in God’s grace alone!
Sermon: “When Married to A Difficult Husband” – 1 Samuel 25:2-42
Happy Mother’s Day!
We thank God for blessing us with mothers and for the extra special blessing of godly mothers! Mother’s and godly women, we honor you and thank God for you. May the Lord bless you with a wonderful day of rejoicing in His grace!
Thank you for some time off!
The Lord blessed our family with a wonderful visit to the mountains of North Georgia. We are grateful for the time we had together to relax and enjoy our Lord’s beautiful handiwork together as a family. It was an extra special blessing to be able to still meet with you online during this time.
All Services moved to Zoom online meetings till further notice
- Sundays – 10:30am – Morning Worship: Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/360308233
- Wednesdays – 6:30pm – Prayer Meeting and Bible Study: Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/225762120
- The links will always be the same. Find them here or on the homepage of our website: www.RiverReachBaptist.org
- 9:30am – “Timothy’s in Training” class this Sunday
- 10:20am we will have a verse sharing opportunity. If you have a verse that you have memorized, or just a verse that the Lord has blessed you with this week, please encourage us all by sharing it!
Zelle Online Giving now available
If you would like to give an offering through an electronic means, you may now give through Zelle. You will find our church listed under the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you put in the email address correctly Zelle should recognize the recipient as “River Reach Baptist Church, Inc.” If you have any questions, please contact me.
- Health, strength, wisdom, patience, and love in response to coronavirus
- Our leaders to have wisdom
- Opportunities to share Christ in these uncertain times
- Spiritual growth and strength for each one in our church
- Our nation to repent and turn to God
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
- Peace in our nation and around the world
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
Blessed to be your Pastor!