Dear River Reach Family,
Rejoice always; 17 pray without ceasing; 18 in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Gratitude and gratefulness seems to have almost vanished from our society. Anger, hatred, outrage, worry, complaining, and their close companions seems to have taken over the news media, social media, talk shows, politics, and even popular fictional entertainment. The tragedy of all these sins is that it blocks its victims from recognizing the incredible blessings they enjoy! Political activist groups foment anger and discord while living in the most peaceful nation on earth enjoying a wealth of technology and the blessings of freedom. Objective observers can quickly become outraged at such ungratefulness 🙂 Self-examination would most likely reveal that even among those of us who have been blessed with every spiritual blessing in heavenly places in Christ (Ephesians 1:3), dark clouds of ungratefulness and complaining too often prevent us from recognizing the wealth of God’s blessing to us in our Lord Jesus Christ. Our passage for Sunday reminds us that at all times and in every situation God’s grace to us in Christ gives us ample reason to respond with a never ending flow of gratitude to our God.
Sunday Sermon: “Always Be Grateful” – 1 Thessalonians 5:18
Beginning The Walk Class this Sunday @ 6:00pm
I praise the Lord for leading us along the path of developing a disciple-making culture to the glory of God! What a blessing it was last Sunday evening to review all that the Lord has done and is continuing to do in the last 7 months since we began pursuing obedience in this area. Praise the Lord for so many who have already begun to commit to being led to follow Christ! Praise the Lord for those who have also volunteered to be used of God to lead them. I am certain the Lord is being glorified as we by His grace seek to obey our Lord’s command (Matthew 28:19-20).
This Sunday evening we continue training to make disciples of Jesus Christ by moving on to study the next book, The Walk. Everyone is invited to join us starting this Sunday evening at 6:00pm! Free books will be available on Sunday morning or in the evening training session. This class will be profitable for those seeking to grow in their ability to make disciples of Christ. It will also be profitable for any Christian seeking to honor the Lord in their personal Christian “walk” of faith.
Assignment: Read and fill out chapter 1: “The Mind”
New Sermon Audio Available
If you missed some of our recent services, I was able to upload three of our recent sermons. They are available for listening at any time.
- Rejoice Always – 1 Thess. 5:16
- Never Stop Praying – 1 Thess. 5:17
- Dealing with a Disobedient Husband – 1 Peter 3:1-2
Additional sermons from the past are available in our sermon archives.
- Those who are facing health challenges
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
- Susan’s health
- Peace in our nation and around the world
- Opportunities and boldness to make relationships to share the Gospel
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
- Friday 9/21 – 6:00pm – Ladies Night Out
- Sunday 9/23 – 9:25am – Sunday Classes (Adult and Children’s classes)
- 10:30am – Morning Worship (1 Thessalonians – One Life to a Life for Life)
- 6:00pm – The Walk Class
- Wednesday 9/26 – 6:30pm – Prayer / Bible Study
- Saturday 10/13 – Fall Fun Fest
Blessed to be your Pastor!