Dear River Reach Family,
Therefore when we could endure it no longer, we thought it best to be left behind at Athens alone, 2 and we sent Timothy, our brother and God’s fellow worker in the gospel of Christ, to strengthen and encourage you as to your faith.” 1 Thessalonians 3:1-2
I recently heard of an older man who biked across the Australian Outback on his own. What an incredible feat it would be to complete such a rigorous and amazing journey! The dangers are multiplied when you attempt something like that on your own. Too often as Christians we develop a rugged lone ranger mindset leading us to think that our walk with God is personal. One of God’s good gifts to us through the Gospel is brothers and sisters in the body of Christ. Spiritual humility recognizes the value of spiritual fellowship to our own spiritual health. In our passage for this Sunday, Paul’s concern for the spiritual well-being of the Thessalonians motivates him to send Timothy to strengthen and encourage their faith. From this experience we can learn much about the blessing of brothers and sisters in Christ who invest in our lives. We can also see the plan of God in developing us to be a blessing to our spiritual siblings. When we love each other for Christ’s sake, our faith will be stronger!
Sunday Sermon: “Blessed by a Brother” – 1 Thessalonians 3:1-5
New Move-ins outreach tomorrow morning at 10:30
If you are able to join us we will be taking a gift and literature from the church to new move-ins in the area. If you are not able to join us tomorrow and wish to participate, we will have packets available for you to deliver at your convenience.
Foundations Class: Sunday @ 6:00pm
Assignment: Complete Chapter 7: “The Local Church” in the Foundations book. Will be covering the 2nd half of this chapter as a continuation from last week.
Current disciple making focus:
- Pray that God will lead you to one soul that you can win to Christ.
- Pray that God will lead you to one believer that you can lead to become more like Christ.
- Work on Chapter 7 of the Foundations book.
Adult Sunday Class: Finding and Knowing the Will of God
Join the adults on Sunday morning at 9:25 as Pastor Dan leads in a study in the will of God.
- Jhun in the Philippines for his brother’s funeral
- Susan’s health
- Fruit from the Rutledge’s outreach efforts
- Opportunities and boldness to make relationships to share the Gospel
- Those faithfully serving the Lord in the military
- River Reach Baptist Church to make reproducing disciples of Jesus Christ
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
- Our nation and leaders
- Saturday 4/21 – 10:30 – New Move-ins Outreach
- Sunday 4/22 – 9:25 – Sunday Classes (Adults and Children’s classes)
- 10:30 – Morning Worship (One Life to a Life for Life – 1 Thessalonians)
- 6:00 – Foundations Class
- Wednesday 4/25 – 6:30pm – Prayer Service and Bible Study (Triumphing in Trying Times)
Blessed to be your Pastor!