Dear River Reach Family,
A vision appeared to Paul in the night: a man of Macedonia was standing and appealing to him, and saying, “Come over to Macedonia and help us.” 10 When he had seen the vision, immediately we sought to go into Macedonia, concluding that God had called us to preach the gospel to them.Acts 16:9-10
As we enter a new month, a new year, and a new decade, it would be good for us to take a look at the bigger picture of what our Lord wants for us as individual believers, as families, and as a church family. Amidst the rush and grind of life we can easily forget the big picture of what we are working toward, or at least what we should be working toward. God given time markers are wonderful opportunity to step back and reevaluate our purpose, mission, and current level of progress toward the goals we have been given by our Lord. To accurately assess our current standing, we must be able to see life clearly (Matthew 6:22-23; Luke 6:41-42). There are times when it is difficult to know the specific direction of God’s will for our lives. We know God wants us to zealously serve Him, but where should that effort be directed? What is our true ministry capacity? Where should we make adjustments to better fulfill the mission our Lord gave us? (Matthew 28:19-20) Our study through the Book of Acts brings us to an ideal passage to help us evaluate how to find God’s will in ministry. In the year 2020 we want to have 20-20 vision to see clearly God’s will for us!
Sermon: “2020 Vision” – Acts 16:6-15
Men’s Meeting / Work day tomorrow morning @ 8:30am
Men, I invite you to join us tomorrow morning for a time of prayer for the new year, discussion of church business and ministry discussion for the new year. As we have time we have a few small projects to work on to keep our facilities fresh and ready to represent well our Lord!
- Saturday 1/4 – 8:30am – Men’s meeting / Workday
- Sunday 1/5 – 9:25am – Adult and Children’s Classes for all ages
- 10:30am – Morning Worship: Songs and Sermon (Children’s Church and Childcare provided)
- 6:00pm – God Who Hears Discussion on Prayer – Chapter 11: “Forgiving: The Prayer for Other Sinners”
- Wednesday 1/8 – 6:30pm – Wednesday Evening Bible Study and Prayer Service
- To have wisdom as a church and individuals to bring glory to our Lord in 2020.
- Bob and Mary settling in Greenville
- Powells traveling on vacation
- Spiritual growth and strength for each one in our church
- Our nation to repent and turn to God
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
- Peace in our nation and around the world
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
Blessed to be your Pastor!