Dear River Reach Family,
Hurricane Dorian Update
For You have been a defense for the helpless,Isaiah 25:4
A defense for the needy in his distress,
A refuge from the storm, a shade from the heat.
I know we have all been watching the development of Hurricane Dorian. Initially it looked like there was a possibility that Jacksonville could take a direct hit. Florida landfall at this point looks to be several days away. Thankfully it looks like we will be able to proceed with our regular schedule this weekend. Hurricanes are a wonderful opportunity to recognize our own weakness and vulnerability and place our trust in the Lord who is a refuge in the time of storm! Let’s continue to pray that the Lord will protect us and give us grace to be a light for Him in the darkness of the storm.
We will keep you posted on our Wednesday evening service, but at this time it looks like we will most likely be canceling due to the hurricane arriving around that time.
Sermon: The Gentile Church
Last Sunday we rejoiced as our Lord brought the Gospel and salvation to the Gentiles through Cornelius and his house (Acts 10). This Sunday we will continue to observe God’s design for Gentiles (that’s us) to play a central part in the church for the glory of our Lord.
Sermon: “The Gentile Church” – Acts 11:1-30
Walk Class continues this Sunday evening @ 6:00pm
Assignment: Complete Chapter 9: “Principles of Purity” in The Walk booklet. This is a new chapter. If you have opportunity, please work through the chapter and be ready to discuss what you learned!
Thank you for your prayers!
Our family had a wonderful time ministering to the Jr. and Sr. high school students of Community Christian School in Bradenton, FL. My father-in-law, who is the school administrator, asked me to come and preach to the students on Thursday and Friday to help set the spiritual tone for their new school year. The Lord blessed the preaching of His Word. Praise the Lord one young man made a profession of faith in Christ and I trust many others were encouraged to live for Christ. Jen was even given the opportunity to share a testimony of God’s grace in her life with the students!
- Sunday 9/1 – 9:25am – Sunday Classes (Adult and Children’s classes)
- 10:30am – Morning Worship: “Acts: Your Part in God’s Plan”
- 6:00pm – Walk Class (Ch. 9)
- Monday 9/2 – Happy Labor Day!
- Wednesday 9/4 – 6:30pm – Prayer Time / Bible Study (Weather permitting)
- Saturday 9/7 – 8:30am – Men’s Meeting / Work Day
- Safety in Hurricane Dorian
- Spiritual growth for those being discipled
- Our nation to repent and turn to God
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
- Peace in our nation and around the world
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
Blessed to be your Pastor!