Dear River Reach Family,
But Peter said to him, “May your silver perish with you, because you thought you could obtain the gift of God with money! 21 “You have no part or portion in this matter, for your heart is not right before God. 22 “Therefore repent of this wickedness of yours, and pray the Lord that, if possible, the intention of your heart may be forgiven you.Acts 8:19-22
My heart lies to me all the time. It tells me that life is all about ME! It attempts to convince me that my own glory, power, and kingdom is where true joy and happiness are found. Even as a child of God living in the kingdom of God, I may still believe the lie of my heart and pursue my own puny little kingdom. Pursuit of self will only leave me with an empty sham. Yes, I may appear “great” in the eyes of others, but in my own heart there will be no peace, power, or fruitfulness for the Lord. The foundation of spiritual success is humility. True joy, blessing, and power flows through the lives of those who live for the glory of Jesus not themselves.
Sermon: “From Phony to Filled” – Acts 8:14-25
Men’s Meeting / Workday tomorrow morning @ 8:30am
Men we would love to have you join us tomorrow morning for a time of fellowship, discussion of church business, prayer, and work on our facilities.
“The Walk” class continues this Sunday evening @ 6:00pm
Assignment: Complete Chapter 7: “Contentment” in The Walk booklet. Be prepared to discuss what you learned! We will continue discussing where we stopped last week.
If you need a book, I will have extra available in the morning service. Please ask me for a copy.
- Saturday 7/6 – 8:30am Men’s meeting / Workday
- Sunday 7/7 – 9:25am – Sunday Classes (Adult and Children’s classes)
- 10:30am – Morning Worship: “Acts: Your Part in God’s Plan”
- 6:00pm – “The Walk” class
- Wednesday 7/10 – 6:30pm – Prayer Time / Bible Study
- Sunday 7/14 – Lunch Fellowship / Singspiration
- July 27-28: RRBC 10th Anniversary weekend celebration
- Clarks house repair to be complete soon
- A lady who trusted Christ this week to grow in the Lord
- Fruit from VBS for the glory of our Lord
- Dianne’s husband David’s health
- Safety and and enjoyable time for the Powells on vacation
- Spiritual growth for those being discipled
- Our nation to repent and turn to God
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to Christ
- Someone that the Lord can use you to lead to follow Christ
- Peace in our nation and around the world
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
Blessed to be your Pastor!